The NTA or National Testing Agency releases the IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus on behalf of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). Candidates who prepare perfectly in sync with the IIFT entrance test syllabus hold a better chance of registering success in this exam.
IIFT entrance test syllabus is segregated into four different sections:
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- LR-DI (Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation)
- General Awareness (GA)
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
IIFT question paper consists of 110 questions divided into the four sections stated above. IIFT entrance test syllabus is designed in such a way that it helps in evaluating different skills of the test takers. Read this article to get all the details of section-wise IIFT entrance test syllabus 2021.
Table of Contents
- IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus – Key Highlights
- IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus – Section-Wise Topics
- IIFT Exam Pattern 2021
- IIFT Entrance Test – Most Recommended Books
- IIFT Entrance Test – Preparation Tips
- IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus – FAQs
- ✔️ Who will prescribe the syllabus for IIFT entrance test 2021?
- ✔️ Can I leave out any one section to give importance to the section with a higher weightage of marks in IIFT entrance test?
- ✔️ Is there any negative marking in the IIFT entrance test 2021? If yes, what is the penalty for an incorrect response?
- ✔️ How many sections will be there in the IIFT entrance test 2021?
- ✔️ Can I expect any change in the IIFT entrance test syllabus 2021?
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus – Key Highlights
- Earlier, the IIFT entrance test syllabus was divided among six sections.
- According to the IIFT exam pattern 2021, the question paper will be divided into 4 sections instead of 6. This is because the NTA has clubbed Data Interpretation with Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability with Reading Comprehension .
- Number of total questions in the IIFT question paper has also been reduced to 110 (earlier there were 114-116 questions in the IIFT entrance test).
- The marking of each section is done differently.
Read More :- IIFT Entrance Test Result – Dates, How to Download Scorecard
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus – Section-Wise Topics
As already discussed, candidates appearing for the IIFT entrance test 2021 will have to prepare for a total of four sections. Candidates, who study in accordance with the IIFT entrance exam syllabus 2021, will inch closer towards success in this entrance test.
IIFT Syllabus – Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VA-RC)
Based on the past year’s exam analysis of IIFT, following topics must be considered during preparation.
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus 2021 for Verbal Ability
|Prepositions||Reading comprehension||Sentence improvement||Analogies|
|Sentence Reconstruction||Rearrangement of the sentence in paragraph||Sentence formation||Antonyms|
|Spelling mistakes||Fill in the blanks||Sentence correction||English proficiency|
|Synonyms||Grammar||Sentence completion||Paragraph completion|
|Vocabulary||Idioms and phrases||Rearrangement of words in a sentence||Paragraph formation|
|Word-meaning match||Odd word out||One word substitution||Phrases|
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus for Reading Comprehension
- The Reading Comprehension part of VARC will have as many as 4 passages from any random topics.
- Candidates will have to answer four MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) related to each passage.
IIFT Syllabus – Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation (LR-DI)
Based on the past year’s trends of IIFT entrance test syllabus, all the possible topics of LR-DI section are as follows:
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
|Proposition||Tables and Pie Charts||Data Sufficiency||Bars and Line Graphs|
|Puzzles||Venn Diagram||Decision Making||Binary Logic|
|Seating Arrangement||Verbal Logic||Direction Sense||Blood relations|
|Series||Visual and Critical Reasoning||Family Tree Problem||Cause and Effect|
|Linear and Matrix Arrangements||Statement and Conclusion||Coding-Decoding||Clocks and Calendars|
|Input and Output||Sets and Caselets||Clocks and Calendars||–|
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude
Candidates need to have a concrete preparation plan for Quantitative Aptitude section as it consumes the most amount of time while taking the test. Based on the previous year’s IIFT entrance test question papers, the Quantitative Aptitude section includes the following topics:
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
|Binomial Expansion||Arithmetic Mean||Trigonometry||Calendar|
|Mensuration||Profit and Loss||Percentages||Coordinate geometry|
|Median||Permutation and Combination||Geometric Progression||Harmonic Mean|
|Work and Time||BODMAS||Instalments/ payments||In–equations Quadratic|
|Ratios||Vectors||Clocks||Linear Equations Algebra|
|Ratios and Proportions||Simple interest||Standard Deviation||Logarithm|
|Averages||Geometry||HCF and LCM||Mode|
|Venn Diagram||Number System||Compound interest||Probability|
|Time, Speed and Distance||Geometric Mean||Arithmetic Progression||Set Theory|
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus – General Awareness
The General Awareness section of the IIFT entrance test 2021 has no specific topics. The table below mentions topics suggested by the experts on the basis of previous year IIFT exam analysis.
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus for General Awareness
|Awards and Awardees||Politics||Industry||Geography|
IIFT Exam Pattern 2021
NTA has announced some significant changes in the exam pattern of IIFT entrance test 2021. There will be four sections in the IIFT question paper instead of six. Also, the number of questions has been reduced from 114-116 to 110. Some of the IIFT exam pattern insights are:
- Mode of Exam – Online (Computer-based test)
- Number of Questions – 110
- Nature of Questions – Objective-type Questions
- Maximum Marks – 300
- Duration of Exam – 120 Minutes
Section-wise Exam Pattern of IIFT Entrance Test 2021
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Marks per Question||Negative marking per incorrect response|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||35||105||3||-1|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||30||90||3||-1|
IIFT Entrance Test – Most Recommended Books
The right set of books for IIFT preparation can help you study intensively and extensively on every topic. The books mentioned in the table below have been suggested by the experts.
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||
IIFT Entrance Test – Preparation Tips
- Learning about the IIFT entrance test syllabus 2021 and exam pattern will turn out to be the best headstart to the preparation
- Make a section-wise preparation plan in accordance with the IIFT entrance test syllabus
- Make sure to keep some time spare for the daily revision work
- Aspirants tend to take a lot of time while solving the questions in Quantitative Aptitude section.. Therefore, candidates must brush up their mathematical skills by learning tricks to improve efficiency while solving the IIFT question paper
- If you want to take some time off your studies, it’s best to inculcate the habit of watching news on television or the internet.
- Access the interviews of past IIFT toppers that are easily available online
- Solve as many mock tests as you can to become familiar with the exam pattern and gain the required speed and accuracy to nail the IIFT entrance test 2021
- Practice the previous year’s question papers. This will help in developing awareness of the important topics and questions as per the IIFT entrance test syllabus. However, keep in mind the changes made in the IIFT test exam pattern.
IIFT Entrance Test Syllabus – FAQs
✔️ Who will prescribe the syllabus for IIFT entrance test 2021?
The National Testing Agency on behalf of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade will prescribe the IIFT entrance test syllabus and exam pattern.
✔️ Can I leave out any one section to give importance to the section with a higher weightage of marks in IIFT entrance test?
No. IIFT entrance test will have a sectional cutoff to shortlist candidates for the selection process. Thus, candidates must prepare each and every topic from all the sections as per the IIFT entrance test syllabus 2021.
✔️ Is there any negative marking in the IIFT entrance test 2021? If yes, what is the penalty for an incorrect response?
The marking scheme for IIFT entrance test varies for all the 4 sections. 1 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer in VA-RC (Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension), QA (Quantitative Aptitude) and LR-DI (Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation) sections. On the other hand, 0.5 mark per incorrect response will be deducted in the General Awareness section.
✔️ How many sections will be there in the IIFT entrance test 2021?
NTA has reduced the number of sections from six to four in IIFT entrance exam. But the overall IIFT entrance test syllabus 2021 will remain the same as NTA has clubbed Data Interpretation with Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability with Reading Comprehension.
✔️ Can I expect any change in the IIFT entrance test syllabus 2021?
No. NTA hasn’t announced any change in the IIFT entrance test syllabus 2021 as of now. However, if NTA announces any change in the IIFT syllabus, we will be updating the same here.