New Delhi, 16 March 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B) has announced that it will release the GATE result 2021 on 22 March 2021 on its official website. This result date has been mentioned on the official website i.e., www.gate.iitb.ac.in under the ‘Important Dates’ section.
Despite this, the GATE result 2021 is expected to be declared anytime after 18 March as per a recent media update. This expectation of GATE result declaration ahead of time is in line with the early release of the GATE application form as well as the preliminary answer key. However, candidates must note that there is no official confirmation on this yet.
Candidates who appeared for the GATE 2021 exam on 6, 7, 13, 14 February 2021 will be able to check and download their GATE results using their enrollment ID/GATE registration ID/email address and password on the official website.
Furthermore, candidates will also be able to check their qualifying marks and All India Rank (AIR), which will be made available along with the result/scorecard.
Note – IIT Bombay will release GATE scorecard 2021 tentatively in the last week of March on the GOAPS portal.
Table of Contents
GATE Result 2021 – Important Dates
|GATE 2021 Exam Dates||6th, 7th, 13th, and 14th February 2021|
|GATE Result 2021||22nd March 2021 (tentative)|
How to Check/ Download GATE 2021 Result?
To download the GATE 2021 result, candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official GATE website – www.gate.iitb.ac.in
- Click on the ‘GATE Result 2021’ link
- Login using the GATE enrolment ID or email address and password
- Click on the Result tab
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download the GATE result 2021, take multiple printouts of it and save it for future use
Active Participation & Increase in Number of GATE Applicants 2021
- A total of 8,82,684 candidates have applied for the GATE exam this year.
- The number of appearing candidates has increased slightly from the previous year due to the introduction of two new courses in GATE 2021. Last year, a total of 8.59 lakh students appeared for the GATE exam.
- From this year onwards, the humanities students were also allowed to appear for the GATE exam. A total of 14,196 humanities students appeared for the GATE exam 2021.
- With an increase of about 10,000 students from last year, a total of 2,88,379 female students have applied for the GATE exam in 2021.
- This year, the youngest entry that came for the GATE exam was a 15-year old boy from Rajasthan.
- Not leaving the senior citizens behind, an 88-year-old man has been registered as the eldest candidate to have applied for the GATE 2021 exam!
GATE 2021 was conducted across 616 centers and in around 200 cities of India. The exam was conducted in 2 shifts – forenoon and afternoon. The final result of the online GATE exam will be announced at the GOAPS portal as a scorecard and will remain valid for 3 years.
The GATE 2021 examination included a total of 27 papers, with an addition of two newly-introduced papers:
- Environmental Science and Engineering (ES)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (XH)
The IIT Bombay GATE entrance exam will allow admissions to candidates in M. E, M. Tech, M. Arch, Ph.D. courses, offered by IITs. Furthermore, GATE qualified candidates also get a chance at PSU recruitments.
A total of 7,11,542 response sheets had been released on the GOAP portal. The overall attendance in all the GATE 2021 papers stood at 78%, which was similar to the count in GATE 2020.