Common Management Aptitude Test or CMAT is a national level MCQ-type test organized by the National Testing Agency. This computer-based test serves as the gateway for more than 800 participating institutes in India for admission in MBA and PGDM courses. The participating institutes consider the CMAT score as the parameter of eligibility. Once the candidates receive their test scores, they have to apply separately for the desired CMAT-2021 participating institutes. Each institute will release the cut-off CMAT score which candidates should achieve in order to secure admission.
In this article, we will talk about how to apply for CMAT, allotment of test centre/city, what to do on the day of the exam and more. But first, here is a table to share some important details about CMAT.
Table of Contents
- CMAT 2021 – A brief introduction
- CMAT Application – How to apply for CMAT 2021?
- CMAT Application – Test Fee
- CMAT Application – Allotment of test City/Centre
- CMAT Application – Documents to be carried at the day of examination
- CMAT Application – FAQs:
CMAT 2021 – A brief introduction
|Name||Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National level exam|
|Application Fee (General)||Rs. 1600 [Online] +1 more|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
CMAT Application – How to apply for CMAT 2021?
Some important points to consider before applying:
- Applications for the CMAT 2021 can only be made online through the official website cmat.nta.nic.in. In any case, no other mode of application will be accepted.
- The application should only be filled and submitted by the candidate.
- Multiple application forms from a candidate will not be accepted.
Following is the list of things one should have ready before application:
- A computer and a good internet connection.
- All transcripts and detailed qualifications
- Scanned copy of passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Scanned signature copy in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
- An email id for correspondence
- A mobile number of sending information via SMS
- Debit/credit card or Net banking account for ONLINE payment.
- Printer to print confirmation page.
Steps to apply for the CMAT 2021
NOTE: No correction can be made after submitting the form. Make sure that you read all the instructions carefully and fill in all the details correctly.
Step 1: Visit the official website https://cmat.nta.nic.in/
Step 2: Click on the form, fill it and note down the system generated application number.
Step 3: Upload scanned copies of photograph, passport and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
Step 4: Pay using Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, PAYTM and keep proof of the fee paid.
Step 5: Take at least 4 print outs of the confirmation page.
Step 6: Choose the city where you want to appear for the test.
- In case, Step-3, Step-4, Step-5 and Step-6 are not completed the forms will be considered invalid and no correspondence will be entertained.
- It is advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for latest updates and to check their emails for the latest notifications.
- NTA does not verify any documents or any documents uploaded by the candidates. The concerned institutes will do the verification at the time of admission. Admission will be cancelled if any document is found unfit or fraudulent.
CMAT Application – Test Fee
Here is a table showing different fees payable by students from different categories for CMAT 2021.
|General||Boys – Rs 1600/-||Girls – Rs.1000/-|
|Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||Boys – Rs 1000/-||Girls – Rs.1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Boys – Rs 800/||Girls – Rs. 700/-|
|Transgender||Rs – 700/-|
Note: Service/Processing charges & Goods & Service Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
CMAT Application – Allotment of test City/Centre
Applicants can choose the city for the examination after submitting their exam fee. There are more than 108 cities to choose from and the allotment will be done on first-come-first-serve basis. However, availability of seats in a city can be checked before paying the fee. Seats selected by a candidate will immediately be allotted to the candidate on submission of fee. Candidates can choose the state from the drop list and then choose the city. Once the city is chosen, the selection can not be changed.
CMAT Application – Documents to be carried at the day of examination
- Printout of admit card downloaded from the NTA website
- One passport size photograph
- One authorised and valid photo ID (PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card/Ration Card)
- For a ‘Person with Disabilities’, a certificate issued by the authorized medical officer is to be carried.
Things to consider on the day of exam:
- Report to the centre two hours before the exam to complete the frisking and registration formalities. Registration will be closed 60 minutes before the exam time.
- Candidates are expected to sit at their allotted seats only. No exceptions will be made.
CMAT Application – FAQs:
Q. What are the advantages of CMAT?
A. Compared to other management exams, the CMAT is a three-hour long computer-based online test which is conducted in a single session to evaluate the candidate’s ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. Students can take a trial test to get familiar with the CMAT exam pattern which is not available for any other exams.
Q. Is negative marking applicable in CMAT?
A. In CMAT, each question carries 4 marks and 1 mark is deducted for every wrongly chosen answer.
Q. What is the difficulty level of CMAT compared to other management tests?
A. CMAT is a bit easier than other exams as the number of questions needed to be answered in the CMAT are less. Also, more time will be given for solving questions in CMAT.
Q. Is it difficult to fill the CMAT application form?
A. While the registration and application require you to input specific details, the process is simple and straightforward. You need to fill in all the fields in one sitting and that is why you should ensure that you have access to high-speed internet connectivity while registering and filling out the application. Also, make sure that you have your educational documents, photograph, signature and payment methods ready.