New Delhi, 27 June 2022 – The National Testing Agency has released the UGC NET exam date 2022 for both the December 2021 and July 2022 sessions of the exam. As per the announcement, the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) exam will be held for both these sessions on July 8, 9, 11, 12, and August 12, 13, and 14, respectively.
Candidates can check the entire UGC net exam schedule 2022 here or on the official websites – ugcnet.nta.nic.in and nta.ac.in.
- The details correction window for UGC NET candidates has been opened. To access the correction portal – CLICK HERE
- The UGC NET admit card will be released soon on the official websites of the NTA (as given above). Once released, candidates can download that from the given websites using their roll numbers and other details.
Table of Contents
- UGC NET Exam Date 2022 – Overview
- UGC NET Exam Date 2022 – Details
- UGC NET Exam 2022 – Mode & Pattern of Examination
- UGC NET Exam 2022 – Subject, Syllabus, and Medium
- UGC NET Exam 2022 – Marking Scheme
UGC NET Exam Date 2022 – Overview
|Exam Name||UGC NET 2022|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|UGC NET Exam Dates||July 8, 9, 11, 12, and August 12, 13, and 14|
|UGC NET Exam Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
|Exam Timing||First Shift – 9 am to 12 pm
Second Shift – 3 pm to 6 pm
UGC NET Exam Date 2022 – Details
- The UGC NET exam 2022 will be held on July 8, 9, 11, 12 and August 12, 13 and 14.
- It is a test to determine the eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ posts in Indian universities and colleges.
- The new dates have been released because the UGC NET December 2021 cycle was postponed due to COVID-19.
- Due to this, the June 2022 cycle of UGC NET was delayed.
- To regularize the examination cycles, NTA merged both the December 2021 and June 2022 cycles into a single exam.
- The application window for December 2021 and June 2022 cycles was closed on May 30.
- The admit cards for both these cycles will be released soon.
UGC NET Exam 2022 – Mode & Pattern of Examination
- The UGC NET exam shall be conducted in the computer-based test (CBT) mode only.
- The test will consist of two papers.
- Both the papers will consist of objective multiple choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
- This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.
UGC NET Exam 2022 – Subject, Syllabus, and Medium
- The UGC NET syllabus has been modified and the new syllabus applicable from June 2019 onwards has also been notified.
- The National Testing Agency will not provide the copy of the syllabus to any candidate.
- The medium of the question paper will be both English and Hindi.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium in the application form will be given a bilingual paper.
- Candidates opting for English medium will be given the English version paper only.
- Candidates are required to answer in the particular language medium that they have chosen in the UGC NET exam.
- In case of any error in translation/construction of a question in the exam, its English version shall be treated as final and the decision of NTA shall be final in this regard.
Note: To learn more about the UGC NET exam for December 2021 and July 2022 sessions, please click here.
UGC NET Exam 2022 – Marking Scheme
- Each question carries 2 marks each.
- For each correct response, candidates will get 2 marks.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- No marks will be given to unattempted questions.
- If a question is found to be incorrect or has multiple correct answers, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers will receive the marks.
- If a question is found to be incorrect and is dropped, then 2 marks will be awarded to those students who have appeared in the exam.
TO VIEW THE OFFICIAL EXAM DATE NOTIFICATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
When will the UGC NET exam be conducted?
The UGC NET 2022 will be conducted on July 8, 9, 11, 12, and August 12, 13, and 14.
When will the UGC NET admit card be released?
The UGC NET admit card will be released in the next few days by NTA. Students are advised to follow buddy4study.com for any latest updates.
What is the timing of the UGC NET exam 2022?
The exam will be of 3 hours duration and be conducted in two shifts. The first shift will be from 9 am to 12 pm and the second shift will be from 3 pm to 6 pm.