New Delhi, October 11, 2022, SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is all set to conduct a national-level recruitment exam for the posts of Scientific Assistant. Interested people can apply till October 18, 2022 through the online website: ssc.nic.in.
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 – Overview
|Start Date of Online Applications||September 30, 2022|
|Last Date for Receipt of Online Applications||October 18, 2022|
|Last Date for Generation of Offline Challan||October 19, 2022|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||October 20, 2022|
|Last Date for Payment through Challan||October 20, 2022|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’||October 25, 2022|
|Tentative Schedule of Computer Based
|Total Number of Vacancies||990|
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 – Salient Features
- Applications from the candidates for the examination will be accepted through online mode only.
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the examination in computer-based examination (CBE) mode in Hindi and English.
- The document verification will be conducted by the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) will issue admission certificates to candidates through its website. The final result will be processed and declared by the commission on its website.
- The process of cancellation of candidature of candidates found indulging in any malpractice or impersonation etc. during the conduct of Computer Based Examination will be handled by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be either: a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India.
- Candidates must not be more than 30 years of age.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 examination from a recognized board or equivalent in Science with Physics and Mathematics as core subjects.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree in Science (with Physics as one of the subjects)/Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Applications or a Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized institution/university or equivalent.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final year of their graduation can also apply.
- The qualifying degree or diploma mentioned above should be in first class (60% marks) or 6.75 CGPA on a 10-point scale.
- The qualifying degree or diploma mentioned above must be of three years duration after Class 12 examination.
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 – Documents Required
- Matriculation/secondary certificate.
- Educational qualification certificate.
- Caste/category certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities certificate in the required format, if applicable.
- Relevant certificate if seeking any age relaxation.
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 – Exam Pattern
- The candidates will be given 200 questions carrying 200 marks.
- The questions have to be answered in 2 hours.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25 questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25 questions|
|English Language & Comprehension||25 questions|
|General Awareness||25 questions|
|Physics/Computer Science & Information Technology/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||100 questions|
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
The candidates will be required to appear for:
- Computer-based exam
- Document verification
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 – Application Fee
|Unreserved category||Rs. 100|
|Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM)||No fee|
Note: Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, net banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay credit or debit cards or in cash at SBI branches by generating SBI challan.
How to Apply for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment?
- Candidates are required to visit the website of the commission.
- Then, they are required to register themselves by providing their details.
- After registering themselves, the candidates are required to login into the online system with their registration number and password.
- Then, they are required to click ‘Apply’ link in the ‘Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department Examination, 2022’ section under the ‘Notice’ tab.
- After applying, the candidates are required to provide the required details and upload a photograph and signature.
- Lastly, they need to pay the application fee (if applicable) and save the application form for future reference.
To read the SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment official document, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the last date for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022SSC Scientific Assistant application?
SSC Scientific Assistant is on October 18, 2022.
How many posts are available under SSC Scientific Assistant recruitment?
990 posts are available under SSC Scientific Assistant recruitment.
What is the SSC Scientific Assistant application fee?
The SSC Scientific Assistant application fee is Rs. 100 for the unreserved category. For Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM), there is no application fee.