New Delhi, 26 September 2022, SSC CGL 2022-23: The Staff Selection Commission has revised the SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam pattern and syllabus for the academic year 2022-23. As per the notification released on the official website – ssc.nic.in, the candidates will be selected on the basis of tier 1 and tier 2 only. Tier 3 and tier 4 are now merged with tier 2. There will be three papers in the tier 2 exam in which is now compulsory for all posts.
The recruitment board will conduct tier 1 exams in December 2022. The commission makes the final allotment of posts on the basis of merit preferences.
Table of Contents
SSC CGL 2022-23 – Important Dates
The candidates can apply for the post of Group-B and Group-C in various ministries/departments of the Government of India (GOI) till 8 October 2022.
The applicants are advised to read the important dates regarding SSC CGL 2022-23:
|Online Application Starting Date||17 September 2022|
|Last Date for Online Application||8 October 2022|
|Payment of Application Fee||10 October 2022|
|Tier 1 Exam Date||December 2022 (Tentative)|
|Tier 2 Exam Date||To be notified|
SSC CGL 2022-23 – Eligibility
- Candidates must be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final year of their graduation can also apply for the SSC CGL exam.
- Candidates applying for the exam must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidates must have obtained a graduate degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree in Commerce, Business Studies, Business Administration (Finance), or Business Economics.
- Candidates applying for Junior Statistical Post must have a graduation degree in any subject from a recognized university or institute with at least 60% marks in Mathematics.
The candidates can check the category-wise upper age limit from the table given below:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Persons with Disability (PwD) (Unreserved)||10 years|
|Persons with Disability (PwD) (OBC)||13 years|
|Persons with Disability (PwD) (SC/ST)||15 years|
SSC CGL 2022-23 – Revised Selection Process
The selection process of SSC CGL recruitment includes two stages: Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams. The candidates have to clear the tier 1 exam to be eligible for the next stage of selection. The candidates will be judged on their task handling skill and presence of mind.
- Tier 1: The tier 1 exam will include 100 questions of 300 marks. The questions will be asked from English Comprehension, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Tier 2: The tier 2 exam will include 3 different papers. The questions will be asked about Mathematical Abilities, Reasoning and General Intelligence, General Awareness, Data Entry, Statistics and General Studies.
SSC CGL 2022-23 – Revised Exam Pattern
- Tier 2 has three papers namely, Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3 that will be conducted in separate shifts.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in section 1 and section 2 of Paper 1.
- Candidates who will not qualify the section 1 and section 2 of Paper 1 will not be eligible for evaluation of section 3 of the paper.
- Paper 2 will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO).
Tier 1 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
|Total||100 questions||200 marks|
Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Total||350 questions||850 marks|
SSC CGL 2022-23 – Syllabus
The candidates have to prepare General Studies & Engineering Aptitude topics for Paper 1. The total weightage of the tier 1 exam is 200 marks.
Candidates can check the SSC CGL 2022-23 exam syllabus from the information given below:
Tier 1 Exam Syllabus
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||
Tier 2 Exam Syllabus
|Reasoning and General
|English Language and
SSC CGL 2022-23 – Application Fee
- The application fee of SSC CGL exam 2022-23 is INR 100.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM) are exempted from fee payment.
How to Apply for the SSC CGL 2022-23 Exam?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for SSC CGL exam 2022-23:
Step 1 – Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in.
Step 2 – Navigate to the ‘SSC CGL 2022’ tab.
Step 3 – Click on the ‘New User/Register Now’ link.
Step 4 – Fill in the required details.
Step 5 – Upload scanned photograph and signature in JPEG format.
Step 6 – Click on the ‘Login’ and enter the registered Id and password.
Step 7 – Fill in the required details.
Step 8 – Click on the ‘Submit’ tab to complete the application process.
Note: For other additional information regarding the exam centre, admit card, eligibility criteria and other details, please click here.
Q.1 When will SSC CGL 2022-23 exam will be held?
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam tentatively in December 2022.
Q2. What is the application fee for SSC CGL 2022-23 exam?
The application fee for the SSC CGL exam is INR 100 for the General category. The women candidates and candidates who fall under the category of Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) are exempted from fee payment.
Q3. Is SSC CGL 2022 application form out?
The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CGL application form online on 17 September 2022.