National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination or NCHMCT JEE is regarded as one of the most coveted hotel management entrance exams in India. Thus, students may still utilize the cessation period and practice previous year NCHMCT JEE question papers . The duration of the exam will be 3 hours (9.30 AM-12.30 PM), and will be conducted in the Computer-Based Test(CBT) mode. Aspiring candidates must analyze the exam pattern carefully and execute the best possible strategy for the preparation of the NCHMCT JEE 2022.
Important Update- MHRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal tweeted on 7th June 2022 that the NCHMCT JEE 2022 will be further postponed. NTA recently announced on 25th May 2022 that the entrance exam would take place on 22nd June 2022 but due to massive number requests from students and analyzing the current situation, the MHRD minister made the announcement. New dates will be notified shortly on the official website of ‘NTA’.
Following are the revised dates relevant to the NCHMCT JEE exam
|Application process started from||16th May 2022|
|Deadline for the application||11th June 2022|
|Last date for submitting application fee (credit or debit card)||11th June 2022|
|NCHMCT JEE exam date||18th June 2022|
|NCHMCT JEE result date||8 July 2022|
Table of Contents
- NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern – Full Exam Pattern Details
- NCHMCT JEE 2022 – Marking Scheme
- NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
- NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – Reasoning and Logical Deductions
- NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – General Knowledge
- NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – English Language
- NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – Current Affairs
- NCHMCT JEE 2022 – Top study material
- Tips to Ace the NCHMCT JEE 2022
- NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern – FAQ’s
NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern – Full Exam Pattern Details
The NCHMCT JEE 2022 was an objective-type test which will possess 200 questions. Each correct answer rewarded the candidate with 4 marks. On the other hand, a wrong attempt was penalised with 1 mark. Thus, candidates must ensure that they do not attempt questions recklessly. Also, candidates must leave a fair-bit of time for time consuming sections like Numerical Ability & Logical Deduction. The English section contains the maximum number of questions (60) and aspirants are advised to specifically emphasize on practice sessions for the english syllabus. Aptitude for the service sector is another good scoring aspect in the NCHMCT JEE 2022. This section will contain 50 general aptitude questions concerning the hotel management profession.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
|Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude||30|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
NCHMCT JEE 2022 – Marking Scheme
|Every correct answer||4 marks will be awarded|
|Every wrong answer||1 mark will be deducted|
NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
- Elementary Mathematics
- Mensuration- Areas and Volumes
- Arithmetic (number Theory)
- Number systems
- Square Roots
- Cube Roots
- Fractions and Decimals
- HCF and LCM
- Chain Rule
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest
- Clocks & Calendar related problems
- Speed (of cars, trains etc) related problems
- Time and Distance related problems
- Work and Wage-related problems
NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – Reasoning and Logical Deductions
- Analytical Reasoning
- Direction and Distance related questions
- Verbal and Nonverbal series
- Ordering and Sequencing
- Linear Arrangement
- Complex Arrangement
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood relations related questions
- Symbols and notations
- Data interpretation
- Statements assumptions
- Statements arguments
- Statements conclusions
- Problems based on Visual Ability
NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – General Knowledge
- Famous personalities
- Books and Authors
- Solar system
- Global Economic Conditions
- Countries and Capitals
- Inventions and discoveries
- Important Dates
- International Current Affairs
- National Current Affairs
- World Organisations
- Prizes and awards
- Global Statistics
NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – English Language
- English proficiency
- Word formation
- Error correction
- Sentence completion
- Idioms and Phrases
- Passage completion
- Unseen Passages
- One word substitution
- Paragraph completion
- Rearrangement of words
NCHMCT JEE 2022 Syllabus – Current Affairs
- Science and Technology
- Crucial events
NCHMCT JEE 2022 – Top study material
|English Language||Objective General English (S.P Bakshi), High School English Grammar & Composition Revised 1st Edition, English (Wren and Martin)|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||R. Gupta’s Book for Hotel Management, Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide (Gladvin Rego), Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide (Jawahar Book Centre)|
|Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude||30 Days Wonder for Maths (S Chand), Quantitative Aptitude (R.S Aggarwal), Quantitative Aptitude ( N.K Singh)|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||Verbal Reasoning Book (R.S Agarwal), Quantitative Aptitude eBook (R.S Agarwal), A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal ( Sijwali and Indu Sijwali)|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||Pratiyogita Darpan, Arihant General Knowledge, Manorama Yearbook, Lucent’s G.K|
Tips to Ace the NCHMCT JEE 2022
- Cover the syllabus with special emphasis on the marking scheme allotted for different subjects.
- Don’t indulge yourself in new topics just before the NCHMCT JEE 2022.
- Try to cover scoring topics like English Language, General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Aptitude for Service Sectors before the complex ones like Reasoning & Logical Reasoning and Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude.
- Make sure that you practice previous years’ question papers within a 3-hour time window. This practice will extract the best performance out of you.
- Give at least half an hour to the current affairs and events occurring around the globe.
- Learn basic nuances of the subject ‘Hotel management’.
NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern – FAQ’s
Q. Which is the governing body for the NCHMCT JEE 2022?
The governing body for the NCHMCT JEE 2022 is National Testing Agency (NTA). Before 2019, the exam was governed by the official committee of the NCHM.
Q. In which mode will the NCHMCT JEE 2022 be conducted?
The NCHMCT JEE 2022 will be conducted in the Computer-based Test mode (CBT). Candidates must reach the exam center mentioned in the admit card. Once there, students must undertake the exam on the desktop. However, candidates will be given a rough paper to solve questions. Aspirants must not carry any paper with them other than the ID proof and admit card.
Q. What will happen if two students from the same category score equal marks in NCHMCT JEE?
If two candidates from the same category score equal marks in the NCHMCT JEE 2022, then the candidate scoring more marks in the English section will get through. However, if the score is equal even in the English section, the preference will be given to the elder one out of the two candidates.
Q. Which is the toughest section in NCHMCT JEE ?
The toughest and the most time-consuming section in NCHMCT JEE is Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude. This section may contain some miscellaneous questions which may consume some time. Thus, candidates may find this section the most difficult to attempt.