The admit cards of the Indian Administrative Services (IAS) exam are released 3 weeks prior to the exam date. This year’s IAS Prelims has been delayed until further notice by the UPSC due to the countrywide lockdown. New Prelim exam dates and admit cards will be announced at a later date. Admit cards are released separately for prelims and mains. Candidates can download the admit card from the official UPSC website using their login details.
In this article, you will become familiar with the key dates of UPSC IAS, how to download the admit card, how to solve discrepancies in the admit card and what to do on the exam day.
Civil Services IAS Exam Admit Card – Key Dates
Schedule for Civil Services (IAS) Prelim and Mains examination for 2020 is mentioned in the table below.
|IAS Exam 2020 Notification||12-Feb-2020|
|Last date to register for IAS||3-Mar-2020|
|IAS Prelims Exam 2020||31-May-2020 (Defered)|
|IAS Prelims 2020 Result||To be announced|
|IAS Main Exam 2020||18-Sep-2020|
Note: UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 scheduled for May [Read Civil Services Exam Dates article] has been postponed due to the pandemic. More on the new admit card dates will be announced on May 20, 2020.
Civil Services IAS Exam Admit Card – Downloading Admit Card
You can follow the steps below to download the admit card from the official website:
- Visit the official website of UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in/)
- Click on the ‘Admit Card link’ available on the Homepage of the website
- Aspirants must read the instructions given on the page and click on the ‘Yes’ button
- You have to select any of the given two options – By Registration ID or By Roll Number
- Enter registration ID and date of birth (if you have selected ‘By Registration ID’) or roll number and date of birth (if ‘By Roll Number’ is selected)
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button to receive the admit card
- Download the IAS admit card
Civil Services IAS Exam Admit Card – Issues with admit card
If you have forgotten the registration ID, then you can follow the instructions below to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website of UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in/).
- Click on the Admit Card link available on the Homepage of the website.
- Read the instructions given on the page and click on the Yes button.
- Click on the link ‘Forgot RID’
- Enter the following details:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Fill in the captcha code as shown on the screen
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button and a registration ID will be re-generated.
- You can use this ID to download the admit card.
The details mentioned in the admit card are as follows:
- Roll Number
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Venue of Exam
- Time Table
Civil Services IAS Exam Admit Card – What to do after downloading admit card?
After you have registered and downloaded the admit card, you can start preparing the syllabus of IAS. You have to be familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus.
Completing the IAS syllabus is the key step in the IAS preparation. UPSC have framed the IAS prelims questions in a way that one requires to understand a topic in depth to answer a question. Candidates need to plan for their IAS preparation in such a way that it serves the requirements of both the IAS prelims and IAS main exam.
To know what types of questions were asked in the previous years, you can check here.
To appear for the IAS exam on the day scheduled, you have to carry the admit card along with one of the following ID proof:
- Adhaar card
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter Id card(EPIC Card)
Discrepancies in the admit card
If an applicant faces any discrepancy in the admit card, he/she should immediately contact the UPSC. If you are not able to rectify or intimate about the discrepancy to the authority, you may face problems on the exam day.
Issues you may face in the UPSC IAS admit card:
- Spelling mistake in the candidate’s name
- Wrong city provided in IAS admit card, different from candidate’s choice
- Candidate’s photograph not provided in IAS admit card
- Not able to download the admit card even with valid Registration ID
UPSC contact details
|UPSC Address||Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069|
|Email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org (Data related Problem)
email@example.com (Technical related Problem)
Civil Services IAS Exam Admit Card – IAS Prelim Day Instructions
On the exam day, you have to follow the instructions mentioned below to have a positive experience.
- Carry IAS admit card along with a valid ID proof.
- Reach the IAS exam centre 30-40 minutes earlier to the exam time to avoid the last-minute rush.
- Visually and other challenged candidates should enter the exam centres with valid admit cards.
Civil Services IAS Exam Admit Card – FAQs
Q What things can IAS candidates bring to the exam hall?
A. IAS candidates can only bring their admit cards and ID proof to the exam hall.
Q What details are presented in the Civil Services exam admit card?
A. Roll number, personal details, venue and time table details are mentioned in the admit card for UPSC IAS exam.
Q. What are the other documents required along with admit card to exam hall?
A. Candidates are required to bring one of ID proof (Aadhar, PAN card, Voter ID etc) along with the admit card printout for verification at the UPSC exam hall.