Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will publish the IGNOU OPENMAT results 2021 tentaively on the first week of May 2021. National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced that the IGNOU OPENMAT exam will take plaec on 11th April 2021 (Sunday). The IGNOU OPENMAT results 2021 will be made available in online mode on the official website once the exams are conducted successfully.
Candidates will be able to check their IGNOU OPENMAT result 2021 with the help of their application number and password. The exam conducting authority will release the scorecard along with the IGNOU OPENMAT result in online mode.
The result highlights information like:
- Details of the candidate
- Marks obtained
- Overall marks
- Merit rank
To make things easier for candidates, IGNOU will also send the IGNOU OPENMAT scorecards to their registered addresses. Besides, candidates can easily download their scorecards by logging in to the official NTA or IGNOU websites. Candidates will be shortlisted for IGNOU OPENMAT counselling based on their ranks.
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 will be conducted on Sunday, 11th April 2021
Table of Contents
- IGNOU OPENMAT Result – Important Date Announcements
- IGNOU OPENMAT Answer Key 2021
- How is IGNOU OPENMAT Result Calculated?
- How to Download IGNOU OPENMAT Result?
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Scorecard
- What after IGNOU OPENMAT Result?
- IGNOU OPENMAT Result – Contact Details for Discrepancies
- IGNOU OPENMAT Qualifying Marks 2021
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Counselling
- IGNOU OPENMAT – Course Selection
- IGNOU OPENMAT Result – FAQs
IGNOU OPENMAT Result – Important Date Announcements
Registered candidates with valid admit cards can download their IGNOU OPENMAT results 2020. The National Testing Agency has given a tentative result release date (sometime in October 2020). Candidates can find out the exact IGNOU OPENMAT result release date in the table below when the exam authority announces it.
IGNOU OPENMAT Result Schedule
|IGNOU OPENMAT Exam Date 2020 (XLVII)||11th April 2021|
|Release of Final IGNOU OPENMAT Answer Key||To be Announced|
|Last date filing objections on the answer key||To be Announced|
|Declaration of IGNOU OPENMAT Result||First week of May 2021|
|IGNOU OPENMAT Counselling 2020||To be Announced|
IGNOU OPENMAT Answer Key 2021
The IGNOU OPENMAT authority releases the answer key a few days before the declaration of result on the official website (www.ignouexams.nta.nic.in). The answer key is categorised into 2 parts – preliminary and final answer key. Candidates can calculate their estimated scores with the help of their scorecard and preliminary answer key.
Candidates can check the answers to all the questions in the IGNOU OPENMAT paper through the preliminary answer key. If they find the answers to one or more questions incorrect, they can submit objections against the preliminary answer key within a set time frame. To do that, the candidates need to pay a sum of Rs. 1000/- (for each challenged question) through online medium along with the proof of objection/s.
Based on the objections filed against the preliminary answer key, the final IGNOU OPENMAT results are prepared. Candidates cannot raise objections against any question or answer in the final answer key.
How is IGNOU OPENMAT Result Calculated?
To begin with, the IGNOU OPENMAT authority calculates the raw scores of candidates based on the marking scheme.
IGNOU OPENMAT Marking Scheme
|Type of Answers||Marks Allotted|
|Every Correct Answer||+1|
|Every Wrong Answer||0 (No Negative Marking)|
Finally, the incorrect answers are subtracted with the correct answers to get the final score.
|Correct marks X 1 − Incorrect Marks X 0 = IGNOU OPENMAT Score|
How to Download IGNOU OPENMAT Result?
The official IGNOU OPENMAT/NTA authority will release the result in online mode on the official website. To check and download the results, candidates will need the below-mentioned details:
- Application number
Here are the steps to download the result of IGNOU OPENMAT:
- Visit the official website of NTA (www.ntaignou.nic.in) or IGNOU (www.ignou.ac.in) or use the direct link to visit the result login page.
- Click on ‘OPENMAT XLVII Result’ link
- Enter Application Number and Password
- Enter Security Pin from the Security Pin CAPTCHA
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ tab
- Check the result and the details mentioned in it
- Take a printout of the result for future use
IGNOU OPENMAT Login Window to Check Results
Details mentioned on IGNOU OPENMAT Result
Candidates will find the following details mentioned on their IGNOU OPENMAT result card 2020. Buddy4Study advises candidates to verify the details and download a copy of their result to avoid discrepancies during the time of admission.
List of Details
- Name of the candidate
- Application Number
- Roll number of the candidate
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Category of the candidate
- Section-wise distribution of the marks obtained by the candidate
- The total marks scored by the candidate in the exam
- Merit Rank
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Scorecard
After the IGNOU OPENMAT results are announced, the authority releases the scorecards via online mode. Candidates can download the scorecard along with the merit list from the official website.
NTA will send the scorecard by post to the candidate’s registered address around 6 to 7 weeks from the date of examination. To avoid any hassle, Buddy4Study advises all the candidates to download their scorecards (when the exam authority announces it and its online link is activated) and examine it thoroughly for any errors, and contact the exam authority immediately (in case of any errors). Quick response regarding error correction will be appreciated. (helpline number is mentioned in the article below)
Details mentioned on IGNOU OPENMAT Scorecard
The scorecard or rank card comprises several important details. Candidates can find the list of details highlighted below. In case of any discrepancy, candidates should get in touch with the OPENMAT authority and apply to make the necessary corrections (helpline number is mentioned in the article below).
List of Details
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Exam Date
- Photograph of the candidate
- Hall Ticket Number
- Venue of the Exam
- Day, Timings of the Exam
- Sectional Marks – Test I, Test II, Test III, and Test IV
- Details about OPENMAT 2020 scores validity
- Overall scores in OPENMAT 2020
- Merit rank
- Signature of the Candidate
IGNOU OPENMAT Result – Score Validity
Candidates who qualify for admission based on the score obtained in the IGNOU OPENMAT exam are eligible to seek admission into Management Programme in any of the following 2 semesters. The score validity remains active for 1 year only.
- A candidate qualifying for the IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI exam can take admission in any of the following two semesters – July 2020 or January 2021.
- Similarly, a candidate qualifying for the IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII exam can take admission in any of the following two semesters – January 2021 or July 2021.
Note: This is just an example. The actual admission dates of the two semesters will be notified by IGNOU SRD (Student Registration Division)
Candidates can avail all the relevant details from the IGNOU OPENMAT Student Prospectus.
What after IGNOU OPENMAT Result?
Candidates who will qualify OPENMAT XLVIII exam as per the IGNOU cut off marks have to download the admission form (Form no. 2) to move ahead in the admission process for management courses. Candidates can visit the official IGNOU OPENMAT website (www.ignouexams.nta.nic.in) or download it by clicking here. Besides, Form No. 2 is also present in the IGNOU OPENMAT Student Prospectus (page 103).
Candidates need to submit the form at the nearest regional centre of IGNOU along with the list of documents mentioned below.
- Education qualification document (Class 10th mark sheet, Class 12th mark sheets, Graduation degree mark sheet and other relevant certificates)
- IGNOU OPENMAT XLVIII Scorecard (original)
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Application Form (along with confirmation copy)
- IGNOU OPENMAT Admission Form (Form number 2)
- A recent photograph
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 admit card (original)
- Reserved category certificates (SC/ST/OBC)
- Work Experience certificate by employers (if required)
- Filled up Identity Card (The identity card is available towards the end pages of the prospectus
- Demand Draft of course fee Rs. 1800/- (per course) drawn in favour of ‘IGNOU’ and to be payable at the city where the regional centre is located
Note: Final admission through IGNOU OPENMAT will be based on cut off and course eligibility criteria as mentioned by IGNOU
IGNOU OPENMAT Results for the Previous Session
IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII result was declared on 29th October 2020. Candidates can check their results and download scorecards by visiting HERE.
Similarly, candidates can check their IGNOU OPENMAT XLV results by visiting HERE.
IGNOU OPENMAT Result – Contact Details for Discrepancies
In case of any discrepancy or error in candidate’s details in the result card, they should get in touch with the exam authorities immediately.
|Address||Regional Centre, Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti Rajghat, New Delhi – 110 002|
IGNOU OPENMAT Qualifying Marks 2021
The IGNOU OPENMAT qualifying marks are the minimum (requirement) marks that the candidates need to secure in the examination to be considered qualified to participate in the further admission process.
IGNOU OPENMAT Qualifying Marks
|Category||Minimum cut off marks|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Expected Cutoff
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|PH (Physically Challenged)||50-75|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the IGNOU OPENMAT cutoff score will be allowed to take part in the OPENMAT Counselling procedure. IGNOU OPENMAT counselling for merit students is conducted in different centres only after the results are announced and the merit list is prepared.
The counselling is generally organized on weekends, i.e., Saturday and Sunday. The IGNOU OPENMAT counselling sessions are conducted as per the schedule decided by the Study Centre Coordinator.
Candidates must carry the documents that they had previously submitted during the IGNOU OPENMAT application process. The OPENMAT counselling 2021 will have 6 sessions, which will last for 2 hours and 30 minutes for each course. The counselling will be held in the form of a face-to-face interview.
Documents Required for IGNOU OPENMAT Counselling
Candidates must take the following list of documents with them to the IGNOU OPENMAT Counselling procedure.
- Original and attested copies of certificates in support of the candidate’s educational qualification/s (candidates must take Class 10, Class 12 and Graduation mark sheets)
- Counselling Letter
- 2 Passport Size Coloured Photographs
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Admit Card
- Original Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Printout of IGNOU OPENMAT result
- Demand Draft for Rs. 15,000/- (First-year admission fee) drawn in the favour of IGNOU)
IGNOU OPENMAT – Course Selection
When filling the Admission Form (Form 2), candidates need to write the course codes carefully. However, they must remember to fill courses only from MS 1 to MS 11 (excluding MS 10, MS 95 and MS 100) to register themself for the 1st semester of MBA.
Candidates will find below the list of courses to select from after qualifying IGNOU OPENMAT 2021.
Structure of the Programme
|1||Any five courses from MS-1 to MS-11 excluding MS-10|
|2||Rest of five courses|
|3||MS-10, MS-95, two specialization courses of your choice, and MS-100|
|4||MS-91, three specialization courses from specialization stream opted in Semester-III and anyone elective course out of MS-92,93,94,96,97.|
- MS-1 – Management Functions and Behaviour
- MS-2 – Management of Human Resources
- MS-3 – Economic and Social Environment
- MS-4 – Accounting and Finance for Managers
- MS-5 – Management of Machines and Materials
- MS-6 – Marketing for Managers
- MS-7 – Information Systems for Managers
- MS-8 – Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications
- MS-9 – Managerial Economics
- MS-11 – Strategic Management
- MS-10 – Organisational Design, Development & Change
- MS-95 – Research Methodology for Management Decisions
- MS- 100 – Project Work (only for candidates who have registered for MS-1 to MS-9 and MS-95
IGNOU OPENMAT Result – FAQs
What is the release date of IGNOU OPENMAT result 2021?
As of now, the IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 result date is not declared by NTA or the IGNOU exam authority. The expected release date of IGNOU OPENMAT result is sometime in May 2021. However, the confirmed information will be made available on the official IGNOU OPENMAT website once the exam authority announces it.
How is the IGNOU OPENMAT result calculated?
Candidates will be awarded one mark for every correct answer. There is no negative marking in the IGNOU OPENMAT exam. So, the exam authority will be following this formula - Correct marks X 1 − Incorrect Marks X 0 = IGNOU OPENMAT Score
Is there any negative marking in IGNOU OPENMAT 2021?
No. There is no negative marking for any wrong answer. Candidates can attempt all the questions without worrying about negative marking.
What is the validity of the IGNOU OPENMAT result?
The scores or result of IGNOU OPENMAT remains valid for one year only.
Will NTA release IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 official answer key?
Yes, NTA will release the answer key after the completion of the IGNOU OPENMAT exam. Candidates will be able to check the answer key once it is made available by the authority on the official IGNOU OPENMAT website.