Considering the demands of numerous students, MHA or the Ministry of Home Affairs has agreed to the proposal of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) [currently known as MoE/Ministry of Education] to conduct the IGNOU OPENMAT entrance test (for admission to its MBA/PGDM programmes) in mid-September.
IGNOU OPENMAT application process is the first crucial activity that begins the examination process. IGNOU OPENMAT application form 2020 was released by IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) on 28th February 2020. Candidates were able to register their names for the upcoming IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII via online mode. Later, the last date to submit the application form was extended till 30th June 2020 up to 5:00 PM.
The IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 application correction window was operational from 6th July 2020 to 15th July 2020. Candidates were able to edit or delete any error in the application form by visiting the official IGNOU OPENMAT website (https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in).
The application process of IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 includes registration, filling the form, uploading documents, paying the fee and printing the confirmation page. Before starting with the application process, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility requirements set for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020. To know all the details about IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 including important dates, eligibility criteria and other important details, keep reading the article below.
Important Updates –
- The final exam date for IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII is out. The National Testing Agency has announced 15th September 2020 as the exam date.
- Admit cards for IGNOU OPENMAT will be available at least 15 days before the examination date.
- IGNOU OPENMAT entrance test 2020 will be conducted in 131 cities.
Table of Contents
- IGNOU OPENMAT Application – List of Management Programmes
- IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Important Dates
- IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Eligibility Criteria
- IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Form Filling Process
- IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Fee Payment Methods
- IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Form Correction Window
- IGNOU OPENMAT Application – FAQs
IGNOU OPENMAT Application – List of Management Programmes
Candidates must take a look at the list of management programmes (available through IGNOU OPENMAT) that they can choose before registering themselves for the OPENMAT entrance test. Candidates, as per their results of IGNOU OPENMAT exam 2020, can select to apply for the one perfect course for themselves amongst the various management programmes listed below:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
The programmes highlighted above are offered via a countrywide network of study centres affiliated with IGNOU. The university enrols candidates for the above-mentioned Management Degrees or Diplomas through the IGNOU OPENMAT-XLVII.
IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Important Dates
Candidates who want to take admission in the 1st semester (in July 2020)/ 2nd semester of an MBA or other postgraduate management programmes can apply for IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII 2020. Candidates can find the complete schedule and the crucial dates associated with the OPENMAT application process highlighted in the table below:
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Important Dates
|Availability of IGNOU OPENMAT application form||28th February 2020|
|Last date to fill the OPENMAT application form||30th June 2020 (by 5:00 PM)|
|Last date for application fee payment||30th June 2020 (by 11:59 PM)|
|Availability of Form Correction Window||6th July 2020 to 20th July 2020|
|IGNOU OPENMAT admit card release date||15 days before the exam date (expected)|
|IGNOU OPENMAT exam date||15th September 2020|
IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to sit for the IGNOU OPENMAT examination need to check the eligibility requirements highlighted below.
|Age Limit||There is no age limit for admissions|
IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Form Filling Process
Candidates can fill up the application form by visiting the official IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII 2020 website. Before the application process, the candidates have to complete the process of IGNOU OPENMAT registration. The registration process is important to later download the admit cards/hall tickets and sit for the exam. As the process of registering for OPENMAT is online, no other modes are accepted to apply for the entrance test.
Candidates must download the e-Prospectus and Information Bulletin along with the eligibility criteria before applying and submitting the IGNOU OPENMAT application form. Both e-Prospectus and Information Bulletin are available on the official NTA website (http://www.ntaignou.nic.in./). Application forms that do not comply with the instructions from the examination authority are liable to be rejected.
Step-by-Step Process to Fill and Submit OPENMAT 2020 Application Form
There are 4 simple steps associated with filling and submitting the IGNOU OPENMAT application form.
Step 1 – Online Registration
- Visit the official NTA website
- Click on ‘Application Form for OPENMAT XLVII‘
- Enter the information asked in the Registration Slot.
The information includes:
(*names and DOB recorded in the SSE or equivalent Board/ University Certificate)
|Generate Password (Change Password)|
- Now enter the Captcha Security PIN shown in the image and click on ‘Submit’ tab
- The filled-in registration form will appear on the screen. Check and review the details
- Click on ‘I Agree’ checkbox and ‘Submit’ tab to complete the registration
- Candidates will receive an email in their respective email IDs and confirmation SMSs in their mobile numbers
- Note down the application number and login details
Step 2 – Filling the IGNOU OPENMAT Application Form
After successfully filling the Registration slot, candidates need to complete this step:
- Use the noted application number and password for logging in to the candidate (user) account
- Fill in all the necessary details marks, academic qualification, category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC), choice of University/College
- Candidates need to choose any four cities of their choice as their IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII examination centre from the available drop-down menu
Step 3 – Uploading Documents
Candidates need to upload their recent passport-size photograph and scanned signature as per the specifications mentioned below:
Specifications for Uploading Documents
Important Points to Remember:
- The photograph should not be taken wearing goggles or cap
- Polaroid and Computer-generated photographs are not acceptable
- Photos of candidates wearing spectacles are allowed if they use it regularly
- Unclear photographs are liable to be rejected
- Photograph needs to be taken on or after 7th February 2020
- Writing the full name in capital letters would not be accepted as ‘signature’
Step 4 – Payment of Application Fee
Candidates need to pay the registration fee for IGNOU OPENMAT to apply for the examination. Before making a payment, the candidates should carefully read all the eligibility criteria. Candidates must note that the application fee amount is non-refundable.
Before filling up the form, the candidate should make a duplicate copy and fill it up first. Any mistakes or fields left accidentally may lead to the rejection of the IGNOU OPENMAT application form.
The fee structure for IGNOU OPENMAT as per candidate categories are as follows:
IGNOU Application Fee Structure
|SC, ST, EWS||Rs. 600/-|
|UR, OBC-NCL||Rs. 800/-|
Step 5 – Submitting the Application and Confirmation
- Candidates must wait for the payment status after they have paid the application fee.
- Only after the final submission of IGNOU OPENMAT application form is done, a confirmation page appears on the screen. It marks the success of the application fee payment. If the confirmation page does not appear on the screen, it means that the submission of the OPENMAT application form was unsuccessful.
- Later, download the application confirmation page and take 4 print outs of the same for future references.
IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Fee Payment Methods
There are two methods through which the candidates can pay their application fees:
- Net banking – Candidates need to check their account balance and keep their credentials ready before logging in to the NTA website for IGNOU OPENMAT application form submission. Candidates must log in with their registered net banking credentials and pay via net banking method.
- Credit or Debit Card – The foremost thing that candidates need to check is the validity of their credit or debit cards before logging in to the official OPENMAT website. When the payment page opens up, candidates must enter the asked information required to pay via credit or debit card.
Candidates must note that the application fee for OPENMAT entrance test is non-refundable. Those who have submitted their IGNOU OPENMAT application form and paid the application fees will not be refunded even if they withdraw their application.
IGNOU OPENMAT Application – Form Correction Window
After the application/registration window closes, NTA opens the application correction window for 2-3 days. Candidates during this period can edit or delete any incorrect or misleading information filled earlier. The online IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 application correction window was open from 6th July 2020 to 20th July 2020.
Candidates can follow the steps below to rectify the details in the application form:
- Visit the official NTA IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII website
- Click on ‘Correction in Application Form for OPENMAT XLVII’
- Enter the application number, password and security pin
- Click the ‘Submit’ tab
- Go to the User dashboard and click on the form correction tab
Candidates must submit the correct information as the details are used at the time of IGNOU OPENMAT result declaration and admission process.
Note: The application correction window or IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 is closed now.
IGNOU OPENMAT Application – FAQs
What is the IGNOU OPENMAT application fee amount?
For non-reserved category candidates, the application fee is Rs. 800, whereas reserved category candidates have to pay Rs. 600 for the same.
How will I know if I have registered for OPENMAT 2020 successfully?
Candidates will receive a confirmation SMS and email if they are registered successfully for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020.
When will be the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 entrance exam held?
As per the announcement of the National Testing Agency, the IGNOU OPENMAT entrance test will take place on 15th September 2020.
Is there any age restriction to apply for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020?
No. There is no age bar to apply for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020.
Who can register for IGNOU OPENMAT exam?
Candidates who have cleared their Graduation/ Bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of 50% marks (General and OBC) can apply for IGNOU OPENMAT exam. For reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PWD), 45% marks is the minimum requirement.