New Delhi, 14 May 2022 – The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has opened the application window for IGNOU admission 2022 for several new and existing programmes. Candidates interested in applying for IGNOU courses must visit ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in to register for these programmes. The deadline for application is 31 July 2022. However, it is advisable to apply before that, so as to avoid any last minute hassles.
Table of Contents
- IGNOU Admission 2022 – Overview
- IGNOU Admission 2022 – List of New Programs
- IGNOU Admission 2022 – MBA Programmes Approved
- IGNOU Admission 2022 – MCA Programme Added
- IGNOU Admission 2022 – How to Apply?
IGNOU Admission 2022 – Overview
|Admission Drive Name||IGNOU Admission 2022|
|University Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Admission Cycle||Started for July 2022 Session|
|Last Date to apply||31 July 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Basis of Admission||Merit as per the Course|
|Mode of Education||Online Through Distance Learning (Open) Mode|
IGNOU Admission 2022 – List of New Programs
Several new programmes have been added to the existing roster for candidates to register in during the IGNOU admission 2022 process for the July session. Some of the new programmes added include:
- M.Sc in Environmental Science (MSCENV)
- Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication (MAJMC)
- M.Sc in Information Security (MSCIS)
- Masters in Urdu (MAUD)
- UnderGraduate Honours programs in several academic disciplines
IGNOU Admission 2022 – MBA Programmes Approved
The university is already running MBA in Banking & Finance, MBA (General) in Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode, and MBA (General) in online mode. Now, the university has also added four new IGNOU MBA programmes to its roster, which will begin admissions in the July session.
These programmes include:
- MBA in Human Resource Management (MBAHRM)
- MBA in Marketing Management (MBAMM)
- MBA in Finance Management
- MBA in Operations Management (MBAOM)
Students do not need to appear for an entrance test to get admission into these MBA courses. Earlier, IGNOU only had AICTE’s approval to run these programmes, however now, these courses are also approved by UGC.
Note: Meanwhile, DU has also received AICTE’s approval to run an online MBA programme. Please click here to learn more.
IGNOU Admission 2022 – MCA Programme Added
- The university has also added a revised Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) course to the IGNOU courses list 2022.
- The programme has been launched with approval from UGC and AICTE.
- It will be of 2 years duration.
- Candidates need to have Mathematics as one of the subjects at UG level to be able to apply for the exam.
- There will be no entrance test for the same.
IGNOU Admission 2022 – How to Apply?
To apply for the IGNOU 2022 admission process, please follow the steps given below:
- Visit IGNOU’s official website and hit “Click Here For New Registration”.
- For those who have already registered, the “Sign In” option is available directly.
- Fill in all the details required in the registration form and click on the ‘Register’ tab.
- An email will be sent from IGNOU containing the login credentials.
- Navigate to the form titled ‘Registered User Login’ on the home page of the official website and enter the credentials received via email to sign in.
- Fill up the IGNOU application form by entering all personal and programme-related details.
- Go through the curriculum of the selected programme from the IGNOU courses list and choose the mode through which the study material will be received (digital or printed).
- Upload all required documents like passport-size photograph, digital signature, previous examination mark sheets, and identity card (Aadhar).
- Preview the application form and verify whether all the details have been entered correctly.
- Once verified, pay the application fee to complete the application.
- Download the registration form and print it out for future reference.
TO VIEW THE ENTIRE IGNOU COURSES LIST 2022, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
I have already registered once for IGNOU admission for the July session. Do I need to register again to fill up a form?
No! Candidates who have already registered can use the Sign In tab to directly access the IGNOU application form.
I am unable to open the website on my system. Please help!
This might be due to a slow internet connection or due to excessive traffic at the IGNOU website. Please obtain a faster internet connection or re-visit the website later.
Can I pay the application fee using UPI?
No! The application fee can only be paid via Credit Card (Master/Visa), Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay), or Net Banking.