New Delhi, 28 July 2022, CAPF Recruitment 2022: The Government of India has decided to fill up 84,405 vacancies in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) by December 2023. These vacancies include Assam Rifle, BSF (Border Security Forced ), CISF (Central Industrial Security Force), CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force), ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Police Force), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Table of Contents
- CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – Sanctioned Posts
- CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – Number of Vacancies
- CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – About the Exam
- CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – Exam Pattern
- CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – Exam Marking Scheme
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – Sanctioned Posts
|Border Security Force||265277|
|Central Industrial Security Force||164124|
|Central Reserve Police Force||324654|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police||88430|
|Sashastra Seema Bal||97774|
CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – Number of Vacancies
|Border Security Force||19,254|
|Central Industrial Security Force||10,918|
|Central Reserve Police Force||29,985|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police||3,187|
|Sashastra Seema Bal||11,402|
CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – About the Exam
|Conducting body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Number of papers||Paper 1 & 2|
|Nature of paper||Paper 1 – Objective type
Paper 2 – Descriptive type
- Due to the nationwide protests last month against the Agnipath army recruitment scheme, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has decided to reserve 10% vacancies in CAPFs and Assam Rifles for ‘Agniveers’ after their four years of service in the armed forces.
- This is in addition to the existing 10% reservation for ex-servicemen in CAPFs.
- In 2016, it was decided to reserve 33% of posts at the constable level for being filled by women in CRPF and CISF, to begin with, and 14-15% of posts at the constable level in border guarding forces i.e., BSF, SSB, and ITBP.
- The examination for filling up 25,271 posts of constable (general duty) has already been conducted.
CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – Exam Pattern
- CAPF exam consists of three stages as follows:
- Written exam
- Physical ability test
- There are two papers in the CAPF exam: Paper- 1 and Paper-2
- Paper- 1 is an objective test of General Ability and Intelligence.
- Paper-2 is a descriptive test of General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension.
CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 – Exam Marking Scheme
How to Apply for CAPF Recruitment 2022-23 Exam?
- Candidates are required to visit the official site of UPSC.
- Then, they are required to check the ‘news events’ tab and click on the CAPF notification.
- Thereafter, they are required to click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- After clicking on ‘Apply Online’, they will have to fill out the registration form with all basic details.
- Once the application form is filled out and payment is done, the application process for the CAPF exam is complete.
- Lastly, the candidates are required to save the application form for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the sanctioned strength of the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)?
The sanctioned strength of the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) is 10,05,779.
How many posts are vacant under CAPF Recruitment 2022-23?
A total of 84405 posts are vacant under the CAPF Recruitment 2022-23.
Are there any reserved vacancies in CAPFs and Assam Rifles for ‘Agniveers’?
Yes. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has decided to reserve 10% vacancies in CAPFs and Assam Rifles for ‘Agniveers’ after their four years of service in the armed forces.