New Delhi, 28 July 2022 – The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT-K) will start the GATE 2023 registration process from August 30, 2022. The registration process will continue till September 30. The GATE exam will be organised on 4, 5, 11, and 12 February next year and interested candidates can apply by visiting the GATE official website – gate.iitk.ac.in.
GATE 2023 Registration and Other Dates – At a Glance
|GATE 2023 Events||Tentative Dates|
|GATE Registration Process||August 30, 2022 – September 30, 2022|
|GATE 2023 Registration with Late Fee||October 7, 2022|
|GATE 2023 Admit Card Release||January 3, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Exam||February 4, 5, 11 and February 12, 2023|
|GATE Answer Key Release||Around February 20, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Result Date||March 2023|
|GATE 2023 Counseling||April 2023|
How to Register for GATE 2023?
Here are the steps that candidates need to follow to register for the GATE 2023 registration:
- Visit the official GATE 2023 website – gate.iitk.ac.in – on or after August 30, 2022.
- Click on the link for GATE 2023 registration.
- Create login credentials by providing the details asked.
- Use the GATE 2023 credentials to log in to the student application portal.
- Provide all personal details like first and last name, address, city, pin code, etc.
- Provide all educational details like passing marks in Class 10 and 12, graduation marks, etc.
- After filling the form, upload all the required documents to prove that the details provided are true.
- Upload the documents in the prescribed format and sizes as given on the GATE 2023 registration portal.
- Once all the documents have been uploaded, please pay the GATE registration fee.
Here is the updated fee breakdown for all category candidates:
|Category||Normal Application Fee||Late Application Fee|
|Women Candidates||Rs 850||Rs 1350|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs 850||Rs 1350|
|Other Candidates||Rs 1700||Rs 2200|
- After the GATE fee has been paid, please review all the details that have been provided in the application form.
- If all the details are correct, kindly submit the GATE application form.
- Download the final form in PDF format for future reference.
GATE 2023 Registration & Exam Details
|GATE 2023 Particulars||Details|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT) at selected centers in selected cities|
|Number of Subjects (Papers)||29|
|Sections||General Aptitude (GA)
Candidate’s Selected Subject(s)
|Type of Questions||(a) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
(b) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or
(c) Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65|
|Marking Scheme||Questions will carry either 1 mark or 2 marks|
|Negative Marking||For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be negative marking of:
1/3 marks for 1 mark MCQ
2/3 marks for 2 marks MCQ
Note: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers to MSQ or NAT questions
Who Can Register for GATE 2023?
Only those candidates can register for GATE 2023 exam who:
- Are currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program
- Have completed any government degree in one of the following domains – Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Architecture, Commerce, and Arts.
Note: There is no upper age limit to apply for GATE 2023.
To read the complete eligibility criteria and get more information about the exam, please read the GATE 2023 official information brochure.
I am currently a 3rd year student. Am I eligible to appear for GATE 2023?
Yes! Any undergraduate student currently in 3rd year or higher in any government approved program in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Arts/Commerce/Science is eligible to appear for GATE 2023.
Is there any age limit to appear for GATE 2023?
No. There is no age limit to appear for GATE 2023. However, candidates must meet all the other eligibility criteria to appear for the examination.
Can I appear in any of the GATE 2023 papers?
A candidate is free to choose any of the papers (up to two) from the combinations provided by IIT Kanpur (IIT-K). However, they must select a paper that is appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree.
Can I use one email address to fill multiple GATE application forms?
No! Only one email address can be used to submit one application form. For another application, another email address is required.
The internet connection failed during the submission of the application. What should I do?
In such a case, please login to the GATE 2023 registration portal again and continue the application process.
Can I change my GATE 2023 paper after submitting the form?
Yes. A candidate can do so only after the last date for application submission. They will have to put in a request for the change of the GATE 2023 paper against additional payment till 11 November 2022. Any request after this date will not be considered by IIT-K.