New Delhi, 31 March 2021 – The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has extended the last date of the online VITEEE registration process.
The VITEEE registration process began on 30th November 2020. Earlier, the registration process was scheduled to close on 30th March 2021. Now, as per the decision of the exam authority, the candidates can apply till 31st May 2021 through the website – https://vit.ac.in/.
The extended registration procedure applies only to those students who wish to get admission to various undergraduate engineering courses (BTech) of participating institutes. All the eligible candidates shortlisted from the exam are offered admissions to BTech programs at VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amravati.
Table of Contents
VITEEE 2021 – Important Dates
|VITEEE 2021 Event||VITEEE 2021 Dates|
|Release of online application forms||30th November 2020|
|Previous VITEEE application form submission Date||30th March 2021|
|Current VITEEE application form submission Date (after extension)||31st May 2021 (extended)|
|Exam date||18th June to 26th June 2021 (Announced on the Official Website)|
How to Apply for VITEEE 2021?
Candidates need to follow the steps highlighted below to apply for the VITEEE exam 2021:
1. Visit the official website – www.vit.ac.in
2. Click on ‘VITEEE 2021/B. Tech. Admissions 2021 – Apply now’ tab present at the Bulletin Board section of the website
3. Enter details like Candidate Name, Residential Status, Date of Birth in DD-MM-YYYY format, Gender, Mobile No, Email ID, and Verification Code
4. Check the box stating ‘I authorize VIT to use my mobile number / Email Id/ connected social media platform overriding DND status’
5. Click on Register
6. After the generation of the login credentials, proceed further
VITEEE 2021 – Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
Candidates applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2021 must check their eligibility criteria before filling the VITEEE application form.
1. Candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (10+2/Intermediate)
2. Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination are eligible only for BTech Bio-stream Degree programs. However, after joining, registering for Mathematics as a bridge course is mandatory to pursue BTech Bioengineering, Biotechnology, CSE with specialization in Bioinformatics, ECE with specialization in Biomedical Engineering programs.
3. Candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (10+2/Intermediate) for the following categories:
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST Community
To fill the registration form, candidates need to enter various details including name, academic details, correspondence details, programs details, signature, and photograph. They should preview their filled-in details to make sure that the information is correct before proceeding further.
The VITEEE 2021 registration application fee can be paid online via debit card/credit card/net banking.
- The online application fee will be Rs. 1150/-
- Application through mobile apps will be Rs. 1050/-
For any queries, candidates can contact the student service center at email@example.com. They can also reach out to VIT through various helpline numbers like (0416) 220 2125 and (0416) 330 5555. For any assistance regarding registration, applicants can write to ‘Director – UG Admissions VIT, Vellore – 632014, Tamil Nadu, India.’
Note – The helpline numbers would be operating from Monday to Friday, timings – 9.00 am to 6.00 pm.