New Delhi, 26 July 2022 – The University Grants Commission (UGC) has opened the SWAYAM 2022 platform to allow candidates to register for entrance exams conducted by national coordinators like Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and more.
Through the SWAYAM portal, students can appear for entrance exams scheduled for a total of 348 January semester courses. The portal was opened by UGC on July 25 and will be kept open till August 5 (up to 11:50 PM). Students can apply for entrance exams of SWAYAM 2022 January semester courses by visiting swayam.nta.ac.in or swayam.gov.in.
Note: The exact dates of the exams will be released by UGC soon on the official websites listed above.
Table of Contents
SWAYAM 2022: Overview
|Portal Name||Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)|
|Operated By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Application Window Open For||Entrance Exams for SWAYAM’s January Semester Courses|
|Portal Opening Date||25 July|
|Portal Closing Date||5 August|
|Total No. of Courses Offered||348|
SWAYAM 2022 January Semester – Course Details
- Applications to SWAYAM 2022 January semester courses are only opened for the courses offered by the following national coordinators:
- CEC (Consortium for Educational Communication)
- IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)
- IIM-B (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore)
- NITTTR (National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research)
- AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
- Students can apply till August 5 for the entrance exams of a total of 348 courses at these national coordinators.
- The exams will be held for January courses on two days.
- There will be two exam sessions of 3 hours per day.
- The exams come with a designated fee and must be attended in-person at designated centres on specified dates.
- Learners get certificates only if they complete the eligibility of the course and clear the exam.
- The SWAYAM portal is a part of the Indian government’s massive open online course (MOOCs) platform.
- It aims to ensure that every student in the country has access to high-quality higher education at an affordable cost.
- Through SWAYAM 2022, UGC and other national coordinators offer a plethora of courses.
- These include courses on technology, management, science, academia, justice, law, and more.
- Courses delivered through the SWAYAM portal are available for free to the learners.
- That being said, students who need a SWAYAM certificate are required to register for a final proctored exam.
Note: SWAYAM 2022 course details like course duration, timing, and last date of enrolment can be found by clicking here.
SWAYAM 2022: Application Fee
- The application fee for each course varies. It depends on the type and duration of that particular course.
- The fee needs to be paid online, which can be done through credit cards, debit cards, net banking, or UPl payment methods.
- The last date to make the payment is August 5, before 11.50 pm.
Note: The correction window for SWAYAM 2022 will be opened from 7 August to 10 August, 2022. Students can then use the correction window to edit their details. Once a candidate submits his/her details through the correction window, it will be considered final and will not be changed.
What is SWAYAM 2022?
Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM) is a programme launched by the Government of India to achieve the following three cardinal principles of Education Policy: access, equity, and quality. The objective of the portal is to offer the best learning resources to the students and bridge the digital divide among learners across the nation.
Are SWAYAM courses free?
Yes! All of the SWAYAM courses are free to access. However, if students need a certificate after course completion, they have to appear for a proctored examination which comes with a fee.
How many courses are available on SWAYAM 2022?
Currently, more than 340 courses are available on the portal. Students can access these by visiting swayam.gov.in/explorer.