State Bank of India releases the SBI Clerk result for Prelims and Mains examinations separately on its official website (sbi.co.in/careers). The SBI Prelims exam was conducted in multiple shifts on February 22, February 29, March 1 and March 8, 2020. Candidates are currently awaiting their Prelims results.
Candidates can download their result directly from the official SBI portal in PDF format without logging in. However, after a few days of result announcement, the authority also releases the SBI Clerk scorecards (for Prelims and Final separately), which the aspirants can download by using their registration ID and password as login credentials. Candidates can check their sectional and overall score along with qualifying status in their scorecard.
Read this article and skim through all the important details about the SBI Clerk result 2020.
SBI Clerk Result – Highlights
- SBI declares the result of both the phases of SBI Clerk exam (Prelims & Mains) on its website i.e. sbi.co.in/careers in PDF format
- SBI issues the scorecards twice during the SBI Clerk recruitment process- 1.) After the Result declaration of Prelims exam (to tell the sectional and overall scores of candidates in Prelims); 2.) After the written tests are conducted (to tell the Final selection status of the candidates)
- Candidates can check their SBI Clerk result online as open source (without login). However, they need to login using their registration ID and password to download their scorecards.
- The cutoff for SBI Clerk Prelims and Mains is announced separately
- It is mandatory to satisfy the cutoff score of Prelims to appear for the Mains exam
- The final result of SBI Clerk depends on the candidates’ performance in Mains exam and Local Language Test (if applicable)
- SBI does not conduct any interview round for recruitment of clerks across India
- SBI releases the final merit list of SBI Clerk exam after declaration of Mains result
SBI Clerk Result – Important Dates
Candidates must go through the below mentioned table to ascertain the schedule for SBI Clerk 2020 events:
Event Calendar for SBI PO Result 2020
|SBI Clerk Prelims exam||February 22, 2020
February 29, 2020
March 01, 2020
March 08, 2020
|Prelims result declaration||To be declared|
|SBI Clerk Mains exam||To be declared|
|Mains result declaration||To be declared|
|Local language Test schedule||To be declared|
|SBI Clerk Final result||To be declared|
Read More : SBI Clerk Cutoff – Dates, Expected & Previous Years’ Cutoffs
How to Check SBI Clerk Result 2020?
Candidates can follow the below given steps to access their SBI Clerk result (Prelims/Mains/Final) in PDF format:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of SBI (sbi.co.in/careers)
Step 2 – Tap on the ‘Announcements’ button
Step 3 – Click on the ‘Current Opening’ tab
Step 4 – In the menu, select ‘Recruitment of SBI Clerical Junior Associates’ option
Step 5 – Tap on the ‘SBI Clerk Prelims/Mains/Final Result’ link
Step 6 – The result is displayed in PDF file and contains the applicants’ roll numbers
Step 7 – Press Ctrl+F to find your roll number and check the result
SBI Clerk Result – How to Download Scorecard?
SBI Clerk scorecard is released after a few days of result declaration. Separate scorecards are issued for Prelims and Final result. Candidates should follow the steps mentioned below to download their SBI Clerk scorecard:
- Go to the official website of SBI (sbi.co.in/careers)
- Visit the ‘Announcements’ section
- Click on the ‘Download Prelims/Final Scorecard’ link
- Mention your registration number & password and tap on the ‘Submit’ tab
- The page containing SBI Clerk Prelims/Final scorecard will be displayed
- Take printout of your SBI Clerk scorecard
Important Details Mentioned on SBI Clerk Scorecard 2020
Candidates will find the below given details on their SBI Clerk 2020 scorecard:
- Name of the candidate
- Registration ID
- Date of birth
- Roll number
- Sectional score
- Overall score
- Qualifying status
- Category-wise cutoff
SBI Clerk Result – Preliminary Exam
The authority will declare the SBI Clerk 2020 result for Preliminary exam on its website. Some major points to remember about Prelims result are as follows:
- SBI Prelims result is available in PDF format
- Candidates can check their result by finding their respective roll numbers in the result PDF
- Only those who qualify the SBI Clerk Prelims exam as per the cutoff can proceed for the Mains exam
- The authority also issues the scorecard for Prelims result mentioning the sectional and overall marks
- The marks obtained by the test-takers in Prelims are not considered for final selection. The SBI Clerk Prelims exam is only qualifying in nature.
SBI Clerk Result – Mains Examination
Below given are some key facts about SBI Clerk Mains result:
- The result for SBI Clerk Mains examination is made available online in PDF format wherein candidates’ roll numbers are listed
- The final selection of the candidates is based on their performance in the SBI Clerk Mains exam
- The authority prepares the final merit list on the basis of candidates’ performance in Mains exam
- SBI Clerk Final scorecard states the section-wise and overall-marks obtained by examinees in Mains exam
- The SBI Clerk Final scorecard also mentions the category-wise SBI Clerk cut off for the Mains exam
- Final selection is done on the grounds of the applicants’ aggregate score in the Mains exam
SBI Clerk Result – Final Selection
After the SBI Clerk Mains exam, an additional ‘Local Language Test’ is also conducted for those candidates who fail to furnish a proof (they must have studied a local language in class 10th) testifying their regional language proficiency. On the basis of candidates’ performance in the Mains exam and Local Language Test, the final merit list for SBI Clerk recruitment is designed. The shortlisted candidates must undergo a document verification process as a mandatory part of the SBI Clerk final selection process.
SBI Clerk Merit List 2020
SBI publishes the final merit list on its website post-declaration of SBI Clerk Mains result. While preparing the merit list, the authority considers the factors like aggregate score of the candidates in Mains exam, their category, etc. Only those applicants find their names in the list who qualify the Mains examination as per the prescribed cutoff.
SBI Clerk Merit List Tie-Breaking Criteria
The case where two or more candidates obtain equal marks in SBI Clerk Mains exam leads to a tie-like situation. SBI applies the below given formula as tie breaker:
- Candidates who come under the category of SC/ST/OBC/PH are given preference
- If till the tie remains the same, a test-taker with minimum wrong attempted answers in every section will be prioritized
- If the tie persists, the age seniority is given preference
SBI Clerk Cut Off 2020
The exam authority releases the separate cutoff for SBI Clerk Prelims and Mains. It is mandatory to score equal to or more than the cutoff marks of each round. SBI has the sole authority to publish the category-wise SBI Clerk cutoff list on its website. The parameters that the authority take into account while deciding the cutoff marks are as under:
- Total vacancies of SBI Clerical JA recruitment
- Total candidates taking part in SBI Clerk exam
- Category of the candidate
- Cut off trends of previous year
- Difficulty level of the exam
The table given below contains previous year’s cutoff trends for SBI Clerk Prelims & Mains:
SBI Clerk Cutoff 2019
|State||SBI Clerk Prelims Cut-Off (Out of 100)||SBI Clerk Mains Cut-Off (Out of 200)|
|J and K||81.75||–|
SBI Clerk Result – Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs
✔️ How can I check SBI Clerk result online?
SBI Clerk result is declared separately for Prelims and Mains. Candidates are required to visit the official website of SBI (sbi.co.in/careers) and click on the direct link to download the PDF file which contains the roll numbers of qualified candidates. After a few days of result declaration, SBI Clerk scorecard is issued with sectional and overall marks of candidates.
✔️ Is it mandatory to retain the scorecard of SBI Clerk Mains for further use?
The scorecard of SBI Clerk Mains is a mandatory document that is required to be presented during the process of document verification. Hence, applicants are suggested to retain the copy of the scorecard.
✔️ Does SBI publish separate results for SBI Clerk Prelims and Mains?
Yes, SBI releases the result for both the stages on its website separately. Candidates can check their SBI Clerk result in PDF format on the official website (sbi.co.in/careers).
✔️ What if I obtain lesser marks than the cutoff marks in SBI Clerk Prelims?
Candidates whose SBI Clerk Prelims exam scores fall short of the prescribed SBI Clerk Prelims cutoff marks will not qualify for Mains exam.
✔️ What factors determine the final merit list of SBI Clerk recruitment?
SBI Clerk final merit list is officially declared after the authority releases the Mains result. It depends on certain parameters such as performance of candidates in the SBI Clerk Mains exam, category-wise cut off list, etc.