New Delhi, October 12, 2022: On October 10, 2022, the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) was held across 280 locations in 28 states and union territories. PMNAM 2022 is a part of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s Skill India Mission. The program is aimed at boosting career opportunities and practical training for the youth of the country.
PMNAM will be held in different states of the country on the second Monday of each month. It will also offer a monthly stipend to the selected candidates according to Government criteria for acquiring new skills. Interested candidates can register for the program by visiting the official site – apprenticeshipindia.gov.in.
The next PMNAM will take place on November 14, 2022. More than 22 lakh apprentices have actively enrolled as of yet.
PMNAM 2022 – Overview
|Name of the Scheme
|Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM)
|Last Held On
|October 10, 2022
|Every second Monday of each month
|280 locations in 28 states
PMNAM 2022 – Steps to Register
Step 1 – The candidates need to visit the official website – apprenticeshipindia.gov.in.
Step 2 – Next, they need to click on the “Register” tab.
Step 3 – Then, they need to select the “Candidate” option.
Step 4 – It will redirect to the “Candidate Registration” page, where they need to fill in their personal details to create a registered account.
Step 5 – Lastly, they are required to save their login details for future reference.
Note: Candidates who have already enrolled need to carry the necessary documents for entering the venue.
PMNAM 2022 – Benefits and Opportunities
- PMNAM was launched to bridge the gap between candidates and employers by inviting both parties to participate on one platform.
- Candidates will get skill development training from different training institutes and IT companies.
- Several companies have been invited to participate and train apprentices who are likely to be hired in the future as employees in those same companies.
- Candidates will be trained directly by companies according to their requirements.
- PMNAM will increase employability by developing relevant skills in the talented candidates.
- Candidates will get trained and paid at the same time.
- Candidates will also get practical experiences which will help them in their professional career.
Note: The government aims to train 1 million youth every year through PMNAM.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who can participate in PMNAM?
Anyone can participate in PMNAM if they possess the following documents – class 5-12 pass certificate, an ITI Diploma, a skill training certificate, or a graduate degree.
What is the last date to apply for PMNAM?
There is no last date to apply for the PMNAM. The candidates need to register on the second Monday of every month between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The next registration date is November 14, 2022.
What is the registration fee for PMNAM?
There is no registration fee for this program. Interested candidates can register for free.