State Bank of India releases the SBI Clerk cutoff along with the SBI Clerk exam result for the Prelims and Mains exams separately. The SBI Clerk 2021 preliminary examination is yet to be conducted by the exam authority. Even though the exact exam dates are not declared, it is expected to be held on June 2021. The cut off for the SBI Clerk exam 2020 is also out. The dates for the upcoming events will be published in the official SBI website soon.
SBI Clerk cutoff refers to the minimum score which a candidate needs to obtain to be eligible for the subsequent round of the recruitment process. As per the previous trends, the number of candidates who qualify for SBI Clerk Mains exam (after satisfying the SBI Clerk Prelims cutoff) is 10 times more than the total available vacancies. Read this article for comprehensive information on indicative SBI Clerk 2021 cutoff and the previous years’ cutoff stats of SBI Clerk Prelims & Mains.
- 17th May 2021: The SBI Clerk 2021 application process has been extended till 20th May 2021.
- 27th April 2021: The application form of SBI Clerk has been released. The last date of application form submission is 17th May 2021.
- 26th April 2021: SBI Clerk 2021 notification has released for recruitment of Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales).
Table of Contents
- SBI Clerk Cutoff 2021 – Key Highlights
- SBI Clerk Cutoff – FAQs
- ✔️ Will my score in the Preliminary exam be considered for the SBI Clerk Final selection?
- ✔️ Does the State Bank of India officially disclose the cutoff for SBI Clerk exam?
- ✔️ Is there any sectional cutoff for SBI Clerk 2021?
- ✔️ How can I check the SBI Clerk cutoff 2021?
- ✔️ I have made place in the SBI Clerk waitlist. What are the chances of selection as SBI Clerk?
SBI Clerk Cutoff 2021 – Key Highlights
- State Bank of India has the sole authority to determine and release the SBI Clerk 2021 cutoff
- SBI releases the cutoff for both the rounds (Prelims and Mains) separately
- SBI takes multiple factors into account while determining the SBI Clerk cutoff
- Candidates who fail to meet the cutoff score for any of the SBI Clerk written exams will be ineligible for participation in further rounds of the recruitment process
- The final merit list is prepared considering the performance of the candidate in the Mains exam. However, qualifying the SBI Clerk cutoff for Prelims is mandatory to appear for the Mains examination.
- State Bank of India prepares the state-wise as well as category-wise cutoff for both the SBI Clerk exams.
SBI Clerk Cutoff – Key Dates
Candidates can check the table below to check the essential dates for the release of SBI clerk exam cutoff 2021.
Important Dates for SBI Clerk Cutoff
|Start of SBI Clerk 2021 application form||27th April 2021|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Application form Last Date||20th May 2021|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Exam Date – Prelims||June 2021|
|SBI Clerk Cut off (Prelims)||To Be Announced|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Result- Prelims||July 2021|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Exam Date – Mains||31st July, 2021 (tentative)|
|SBI Clerk Cut off (Mains)||To Be Announced|
|Final SBI Clerk 2021 Result||August 2021|
SBI Clerk Cutoff 2021 – Determining Factors
State Bank of India considers numerous factors while determining the cutoff score. The factors influencing the SBI Clerk cutoff are:
- Number of vacancies
- Previous years’ cutoff trends
- Performance of candidates
- The difficulty level of exam
- Number of test-takers
Read More : SBI Clerk Syllabus – Section-wise Topics, Exam Pattern, Marks Weightage
Expected SBI Clerk Cutoff 2021
State Bank of India is yet to release the cutoff for the SBI Clerk 2021 preliminary exam as the test has not been conducted yet. However, candidates can check the table below to know the indicative SBI Clerk 2021 cutoff (based on expert analysis).
State-Wise SBI Clerk Cutoff 2021 for Preliminary Exam (Expected)
|State||Cut offs (Expected)|
|Jammu and Kashmir||78-82|
SBI Clerk Cutoff – Preliminary Examination
The cutoff for SBI Clerk Preliminary exam 2021 will have the following features:
- Candidates can check the cutoff for SBI Clerk Preliminary examination along with the result.
- The score of the last shortlisted candidate will be treated as the SBI Clerk cutoff score for Preliminary exam
- There will be no sectional cutoff for SBI Clerk 2021 (Prelims)
- Candidates meeting the SBI Clerk Prelims cutoff score as per their category will be eligible to take the Mains exam.
- Marks of candidates in the Preliminary exam of SBI Clerk are not considered for the final merit list preparation.
SBI Clerk Cutoff – Mains Examination
The cutoff for SBI Clerk Mains exam 2021 will have the following features:
- Candidates can check the SBI clerk 2021 cutoff for Mains examination along with its result at www.sbi.co.in/careers
- The candidates who qualify as per the cutoff for SBI Clerk Mains exam will be a part of the final merit list. These candidates will then be provisionally selected to fill vacancies to the post of Junior Associates (Customer Support & Sales) in the State Bank of India..
SBI also prepares a waitlist that comprises the names of the candidates who cannot make place in the final merit list. Candidates who are a part of the waitlist are considered for selection (as per waitlist merit) if any of the selected candidates (from the same batch) deny to join or resign from their post(s).
Previous Years’ SBI Clerk Cutoff Data
The previous year’s cutoff data plays a crucial role in determining the SBI Clerk cutoff for the present year. Candidates can check the data below to know the previous years’ SBI Clerk cutoff scores for Prelims as well as Mains examination.
SBI Clerk 2020 Cut off for Prelims
|States||SBI Clerk cutoff|
|Jammu and Kashmir||–|
SBI Clerk Cut off 2020 for Mains Exam
SBI Clerk Cutoff 2019
|State||SBI Clerk Prelims Cut-Off (Out of 100)||SBI Clerk Mains Cut-Off (Out of 200)|
|J and K||81.75||–|
SBI Clerk Cutoff 2018
|Name of State||SBI Clerk Prelims Cut-Off (Out of 200)||SBI Clerk Mains Cut-Off (Out of 200)|
SBI Clerk Cutoff – Final selection
Candidates must note that the final selection is not based on the SBI Clerk exam cutoff only. The selection against the vacancy is also subject to:
- Verification of eligibility for the post and information furnished in the online application.
- Qualifying in the test of specified opted local language (if applicable)
SBI Clerk Cutoff – FAQs
✔️ Will my score in the Preliminary exam be considered for the SBI Clerk Final selection?
No. The preliminary exam score will only help in the shortlisting process for the Mains exam. However, the Prelims scores of the candidates must be good enough to satisfy the SBI Clerk Prelims cutoff marks, failing which candidates will not be allowed to take the Mains exam.
✔️ Does the State Bank of India officially disclose the cutoff for SBI Clerk exam?
Yes. The State Bank of India releases the SBI Clerk cutoff for Prelims and Mains separately. The cutoff will be displayed on the official website (sbi.co.in/careers)
✔️ Is there any sectional cutoff for SBI Clerk 2021?
No. There is no sectional cutoff for SBI Clerk recruitment. This means candidates can leave as many questions unattempted as they want in a particular section to avoid negative marking. The SBI Clerk recruitment process had sectional cutoff until 2018.
✔️ How can I check the SBI Clerk cutoff 2021?
The State Bank of India is yet to release the cutoff for SBI Clerk 2021 exam. Candidates will be able to check the SBI Clerk cutoff 2021 while checking the result for the Prelims or Mains exam.
✔️ I have made place in the SBI Clerk waitlist. What are the chances of selection as SBI Clerk?
Apart from the merit list, State Bank of India prepares a waitlist for up to 50% of vacancies. Candidates who make their place in the waitlist are considered for joining (as per waitlist merit) if any of the selected candidates (from the same batch) refuse to join or resign from their post(s).