The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has revised the OPSC ASO exam dates 2022 due to an ongoing flood crisis in the state. As per the OPSC ASO exam revised schedule, the examination will now be held on 27 August 2022 (instead of 21 August). The exam will be held in three shifts – morning, forenoon, and afternoon.
- Morning shift will be held from 9 am to 10:30 am
- Forenoon shift will be held from 11:30 am to 1 pm
- Afternoon shift will be held from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Table of Contents
- OPSC ASO Exam Dates 2022 – Overview
- OPSC ASO Exam Dates 2022 – Details
- OPSC ASO Exam Dates 2022 – Exam Info
OPSC ASO Exam Dates 2022 – Overview
|Exam Name||OPSC ASO Exam 2022|
|Conducting Body||Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)|
|OPSC Original Exam Date||21 August 2022|
|OPSC Revised Exam Date||27 August 2022|
|OPSC Exam Shifts||Morning, Forenoon, and Afternoon|
|No. of Candidates||Around 4 Lakh|
OPSC ASO Exam Dates 2022 – Details
- The OPSC ASO exam 2022 was initially planned to be held on 21 August 2022. However, the exam is now canceled due to floods in Odisha.
- After the postponement, the exam will now be conducted on 27 August in three shifts.
- The first shift will be held from 9 am to 10:30 am.
- The second shift will be held from 11:30 am to 1 pm.
- The third shift will be held from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
- The exam will consist of three papers.
- Paper 1 will be of General awareness.
- Paper 2 will constitute of Reasoning, Mental Ability & Mathematics
- Paper 3 will be language-based in English or Odia.
Note: The OPSC recruitment exam will be held for 1 hour 30 minutes for the first two shifts. For the third shift, candidates will get 2 hours. PwD candidates will get 30 minutes extra to complete each exam shift.
OPSC ASO Exam Dates 2022 – Exam Info
- There will be nearly 4 lakh candidates appearing for the OPSC Assistant Section Officer examination on August 27, 2022.
- Through the exam, OPSC will hire a total of 796 ASOs.
- All candidates who are selected for the position will get a monthly salary of Rs 35,400 apart from the usual dearness, HRA and other allowances.
- The exam will be conducted in a series of three shifts on a single day (27 August).
- Morning shift (from 9 am to 10:30 am) will be for the General Awareness exam.
- Forenoon shift (from 11:30 am to 1 pm) will be for Reasoning & Mental Ability.
- Afternoon shift (from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm) will be for language (English or Odia)
When will the OPSC ASO exam 2022 be held?
The OPSC ASO exam is rescheduled from its original date (21 August 2022) to a new date - 27 August 2022 due to floods in Odisha.
What is the salary of an OPSC Assistant Section Officer (ASO)?
Candidates who are selected for the position will get a monthly salary of Rs 35,400 apart from the usual dearness, HRA and other allowances.
What is the required qualification for OPSC ASO?
Candidates need to have passed Class 10 or equivalent exam with Odia as a medium of examination in the non-language subject. Or, candidates need to have passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class 8 (or above). Or, candidates have to pass a test in Odia in the middle English school standard to be eligible for the OPSC ASO exam.
What does an OPSC Assistant Section Officer do?
The ASO job profile mainly includes clerical work. This could range from making reports, filing work, paperwork, routine note taking, drafting, writing official letters, forwarding official letters to higher authorities, and doing other necessary tasks for timely completion of government projects.
Is there any negative marking in the OPSC ASO exam?
Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer marked by the candidates in the OPSC ASO exam 2022.