New Delhi, 7 April 2022 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the examination date for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Undergraduate 2022 (NEET UG 2022) on its official websites – neet.nta.nic.in and nta.ac.in. As per the latest notification, the exam will be held on July 17 all around the country. The registration for the same has already started on April 2 and will be carried out till May 7, 2022.
|NEET UG 2022 Events||Dates|
|NEET UG 2022 Exam to be Held On||July 17, 2022|
|Registration Begins||April 2, 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||May 6, 2022|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||May 7, 2022|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours and 20 minutes|
|Exam Timing||From 2 PM to 5:20 PM|
Table of Contents
NEET UG 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 (or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects can apply for NEET UG.
- Aspirants appearing for the Class 12 exam – whose results are awaited – may apply for NEET UG. However, they shall be eligible for admission only if they pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage at the time of the first round of counselling.
- Candidates should be at least 17 years old (born on/before December 31, 2005 to appear for NEET UG 2022.
Note: There is no upper age limit to appear for the examination.
NEET 2022 – Documents Required
Candidates who want to apply for NEET UG need to have the following documents for registration:
- Photograph (4” x 6”) in JPG format
- Latest passport-size photo in JPG format
- Left-hand thumb impression in JPG format
- Class 10 Certificate in PDF format
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS) in PDF format
- PwBD Certificate in PDF format
- Signature in JPG format
NEET 2022 – Application Fee
- General category candidates are required to pay an application fee of INR 1600.
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer (OBE-NCL) candidates have to pay INR 1500.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PwD), and Third Gender candidates are required to pay INR 900.
- Candidates applying for NEET from outside of India are required to pay an application fee of INR 8500.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I apply for NEET UG 2022?
To apply for NEET UG, follow the steps given below:
Visit the official website of NEET - neet.nta.ac.in.
Click on ‘Proceed to apply online for NEET (UG) 2022’.
Enter your name, phone number, and other details.
You will receive a six-digit OTP on your phone.
Enter the OTP and submit the registration form.
A provisional NEET application number will be generated. Keep it saved till the admission process is over.
Pay the application fee and download the form for future reference.
When will the NEET UG exam take place?
The NEET UG exam 2022 will take place on July 17.
Is there any age restriction while applying for NEET?
Yes! Candidates need to be at least 17 years old (born on/before 31 December 2005) to appear for NEET 2022. However, there is no upper age limit as it was removed by NTA earlier this year.
To keep updated with exam-related news, please follow Buddy4Study.