New Delhi, 07 April 2022: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has changed the JEE Main 2022 examination dates after protests from students had erupted around the country. As per the official notice issued by NTA, JEE Main 2022 session 1 will now be conducted from 20 June to 29 June 2022 and session 2 will be conducted from 21 July to 30 July 2022. Online registration for session 1 is over, however, application forms for session 2 will soon be available on the JEE Main official website.
Table of Contents
JEE Main 2022 – Revised dates
|Event||Earlier Dates||Revised Dates|
|JEE Main 2022 – Session 1||21, 24, 25, 29 April, and 1, 4 May 2022||20 June to 29 June 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 – Session 2||24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29 May 2022||21 July to 30 July 2022|
JEE Main 2022 – Reason Behind rescheduling
- Previously, the JEE Main 2022 exam was scheduled to be held from 16 April to 20 April 2022.
- However, CBSE board students had complained that the JEE Main 2022 exam dates were being sandwiched with their CBSE board examinations.
- After which, the dates were changed and JEE Main 2022 exam was re-scheduled to be conducted from 21 April to 4 May 2022.
- Again after that, the dates were changed due to a clash with the state board examination schedule. Moreover, this placed a gap of a few days between JEE 2022 session 1 and session 2.
- Students then resorted to protests on social media, running hashtags such as #JusticeforJEEAspirants, and many more, which started a trend on Twitter.
- Henceforth, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has finally revised the exam dates for both the sessions of JEE Main 2022.
Several changes have been made to JEE Main 2022. For instance, there will now be two attempts, instead of four. The number of attempts has been doubled due to COVID-19, wherein few students had filed a petition in the Supreme Court demanding four attempts. However, the petition had been cancelled and the students were requested to raise concerns, if any, with NTA. There has been no official response on behalf of the NTA as of now for the same.
For further clarification, students are requested to visit the official NTA website at www.nta.ac.in or jeemain.nta.nic.in for the latest updates. For queries, students can also contact at 011-40759000/011-69227700 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JEE Main 2022 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will JEE Main 2022 be conducted?
JEE Main 2022 session 1 will be conducted from 20 June to 29 June 2022 and session 2 will be conducted from 21 July to 30 July 2022.
Why did NTA reschedule JEE Main 2022?
NTA decided to reschedule JEE Main 2022 because the exam dates were clashing with CBSE and state board examinations.
How many attempts are allowed for JEE Main 2022?
There are only two attempts allowed for the JEE Main 2022 exam this year.
For more information regarding exam-related updates, please follow Buddy4Study.