New Delhi, November 15, 2022 – NEET Exam 2023 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared to conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2023) for more than 18 lakh candidates.
As per the internal official sources, the exam date, information brochure, and application form will be published soon on the official website – neet.nta.nic.in.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level medical entrance exam for undergraduate students. The eligible candidates can get admission to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Dental, Nursing, and Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) courses.
Note – The exam will be conducted in 13 languages in offline mode.
Table of Contents
- NEET Exam 2023 – General Overview 23
- NEET Exam 2023 – Eligibility of NEET 2023
- NEET Exam 2023 – Tentative Schedule
- NEET Exam 2023 – Documents required
- NEET Exam 2023 – Application Form of NEET 2023
- NEET Exam 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET Exam 2023 – General Overview 23
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Courses||MBBS, AYUSH, Dental, Veterinary, and many more|
|Mode||Pen and paper based|
|Total Number of Questions||200 (candidates need to answer 180)|
|Question Type||Multiple-choice questions|
|Number of Questions (Section-wise)||
NEET Exam 2023 – Eligibility of NEET 2023
Candidates can find the eligibility criteria required to appear in NEET 2023 from the information given below:
- Candidates must be Indian nationals/foreign nationals/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs).
- Applicants must have passed Class 12 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English from a recognised board.
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks|
|Other Backward Classes/Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (OBC/SC/ST)||40%|
|Person with Disability (PWD)||45%|
- The minimum age of a candidate should be 17 years to appear in NEET 2023.
- The upper age limit for general candidates is 25 years and for other reserved candidates is 30 years.
NEET Exam 2023 – Tentative Schedule
Based on the previous trends of the NEET exam, experts have speculated a probable schedule for NEET 2023.
Candidates can find the details below:
|Official Notification Date||December 2022|
|Processing of Application Form||First week of April 2023|
|Correction Window||April 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||Third week of April 2023|
|Exam Date||May 2023|
|Result Announcement||Last week of June 2023|
NEET Exam 2023 – Documents required
- Academic certificate
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate
- Passport-size photos
- Signature (PDF/JPG)
- Thumb impression (PDF/JPG)
- Government issued identity proof
NEET Exam 2023 – Application Form of NEET 2023
Interested and eligible candidates can find the steps mentioned below to apply for the NEET 2023 exams:
- Candidates must visit the official website – neet.nta.nic.in – and click on the ‘New Registration’ tab.
- Then, they need to fill up the basic information like name, contact details and click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Candidates must use the generated login credentials for completing the registration process.
- Candidates need to start filling in the NEET application form and provide personal and academic details.
- Now, they need to upload required documents like academic certificates, passport-size photographs, thumb impressions, signatures, caste/disability certificate in PDF or JPG format.
- Finally, they need to pay the application fee using an online mode of payment (UPI, Debit/Credit card/e-wallet or other) to complete the application.
NEET Exam 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the date of NEET 2023 examination?
NEET 2023 examination date is yet to be announced by National Testing Agency (NTA) tentatively in December 2022.
What are the subjects included in NEET 2023?
The four main subjects included in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2023) are Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology (Botany and Zoology)
What is the upper age limit for applying to NEET 2023?
There is no age limit for applying for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2023), as the Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar, has removed the upper age limit for the same.