The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will start the NEET UG 2020 2nd round counselling registrations from today. The counselling process was previously scheduled to commence from 18th November 2020. However, the schedule had to be revised due to the remodelling of the seat matrix. The decision had to be taken due to the addition of reserved seats for wards of the insured persons (IP Quota) in the total number of MBBS/BDS seats.
As per the latest schedule notified by the MCC, candidates will be able to register for the 2nd round counselling of NEET UG 2020 from 20th November to 23rd November 2020, till 8.00 pm. The choice filling window will remain available till 24th November 2020, till 11.59 pm.
DGHS is responsible for conducting the NEET UG counselling process for 15% AIQ (All India Quota) seats in government medical and dental colleges around the country. The remaining 85% of the seats in the respective colleges are granted through the state quota (for various categories). However, there are some highly esteemed central universities in which 100% of the seats are granted through the AIQ quota such as ESIC, AFMC, AIIMS and JIPMER. The counselling process for such universities is also conducted by DGHS.
Table of Contents
NEET 2nd Round Counselling – Revised Schedule
|Registration commences||20th November 2020|
|Registration deadline||23rd November 2020 (till 8 pm)|
|Choice filling facility deadline||24th November 2020 (till 11.59 pm)|
|Seat Allotment for 2nd round counselling||25th November 2020 – 26th November 2020|
|NEET UG 2nd round counselling result||27th November 2020|
|Reporting at the allotted college||28th November – 8th December 2020|
NEET 2020 2nd Round Counselling – How to Register?
Aspiring candidates who seek to register for the NEET 2020 2nd round counselling must follow the steps given below-
- Visit the official website of mcc.nic.in.
- Click on the tab mentioning “new registration”.
- Enter the required details such as NEET 2020 roll number, registration number, applicants name, mother’s name, mobile number, valid email ID, date of birth and finally match the captcha code.
- After carefully checking all the details, Click on the “Submit” tab.
- Pay the registration fee through the available payment methods – Credit card/Debit card or Internet banking.
- Fill in the choices of courses and colleges in order of your preferences. Candidates must know that there is no limit to the number of choices one can fill.
- After confirming the filled choices, candidates must lock the choices within the mentioned time limit. If a candidate fails to lock choices before the deadline, the filled choices will be automatically locked on the last date.