New Delhi, 07 March 2022: Recently, in its state budget, the Karnataka government has announced a new scheme titled ‘Mukhyamantri Vidhyarthi Margadarshini”. As per the announcement, free coaching facility will be provided to students through an online platform for Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC), Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Banking, Railway, Combined Defense Services Examination (CDS), National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), and other competitive examinations.
Table of Contents
Mukhyamantri Vidhyarthi Margadarshini: Aims
- Mukhyamantri Vidhyarthi Margadarshini scheme aims to offer free online coaching for aspirants of various competitive exams.
- This step also intends to offer support to those students who cannot afford classes for the entrance examinations.
Note: Through this, students can apply for both recruitments as well as admission entrance exam preparation.
Other Announcements By Karnataka Govt
- The state government is working towards bringing 215 Government first grade colleges under the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accreditation process. It is also working to bring the various courses in 40 Government Polytechnic Colleges and 4 Government Engineering Colleges under the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) accreditation.
- The state government also intends to look after the accommodation facilities associated with government-run colleges.
- It is also proposed that multistoried hostel complexes of 1000 capacity each at INR 250 crore will be set up in Belagavi, Hubballi-Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Mangaluru, and Mysuru to encourage higher education among scheduled caste (SC), schedule tribe (ST), and backward minority under new “Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Sauharda Vidhyarthi Nilaya” scheme.
- The state also proposes to institute an annual award in the name of Smt Savithribai Phule titled “Adarsh Shikshaka/Shikshaki” annual award to encourage teachers towards imparting better education to the students.
- Schools with basic infrastructure facilities will be upgraded as “Model Schools” for quality improvement.
- A grant of INR 100 crore will be allocated to provide furniture to the government high schools and pre-university colleges.
- Digital libraries will be established across the state.
- Laboratory facility will be provided at a cost of INR 15 crore.
- 20 selected schools will be developed as ‘Bengaluru Public Schools’ at INR 89 crore.
Other Free Coaching Initiatives Across India
- Delhi government has also announced free NEET and JEE Main coaching for government school students. For this, it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ‘Avanti Fellows’ to train medical and engineering aspirants for the entrance examinations. The scheme is projected to benefit a total of 6000 government school students from class 12 and class 11.
- The National Testing Agency has also released JEE Main and NEET UG lectures on its official website for all interested candidates. The online lectures for engineering and medical entrance exams are prepared by the teaching professionals and subject experts of top Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) in India. Students can take online classes from the comfort of their homes free of cost through NTA’s website.
- Avanti Fellows is an organization which pioneers programs to create equal opportunities for low-income students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Through their efforts, they ensure that many students get enrolled in prestigious institutions across the country to remove inequality and disparity in education.
- The organization works with the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti and multiple state governments across India to implement programs that integrate the use of technology for in-school and at-home learning.