National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the February session of JEE Main 2021 from 23 February to 26 February 2021. On 23 February, i.e, yesterday, Paper 2 of JEE Main 2021 for B.Arch and B.Plan aspirants was conducted at 437 exam centres across the country. The examination was held from 3 pm to 6 pm (for those who attempted either Paper 2A or 2B). For those who appeared for both the examinations, the examination ended at 6:30 pm.
Talking about the exam analysis of JEE Main Paper 2 on 23 Feb, both B.Arch and B.Plan candidates reported that the paper was from easy to moderate level of difficulty.
- The JEE Main 2021 exam for B.Tech/B.E. admissions will start from today onwards and will be conducted on 24, 25, and 26 February 2021.
- B.Arch and B.Plan aspirants will get the next chance to appear for Paper 2 in the JEE Main 2021 May session.
- JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 for B.Arch was of 400 marks. Candidates had to attempt a total of 77 questions out of the total 82 questions. The Maths section contained a total of 30 questions, out of which candidates had to attempt only 25. The drawing section consisted of 2 questions of 100 marks. Lastly, in Aptitude section there were 50 MCQs of 200 marks. Negative marking of 1 mark is applicable in MCQs.
- Candidates had to bring their own pencil and other materials needed to attempt the Drawing section in JEE Main 2021 Paper 2. Drawing sheets were provided at the exam centre.
- JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 for B.Plan was also for 400 marks. Candidates had to attempt 100 out of a total 105 questions. The Maths section contained a total of 30 questions, out of which candidates had to attempt only 25. The General Aptitude sections consisted 50 MCQs while the Planning section contained another 25 questions.
JEE Main 2021 Day 1 Exam Analysis – Student Analysis
The candidates who appeared for JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 for B.Arch and B.Plan shared the following feedback about the exam:
1. Questions from the Drawing section were easy, especially for those who have a good hand at it
2. Mathematics section was easy to moderately difficult for both B.Plan and B.Arch examinations
3. Questions in Aptitude section were on the tougher side
4. As compared to last year, the question paper was easier in 2021.
5. As per an overall analysis, the average good attempts that candidates must have done in JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 A for B.Arch are –
- Mathematics: 15-20
- Aptitude: 37 – 45
- Drawing: NA
6. As per an overall analysis, the average good attempts that candidates must have done in JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 B for B.Plan are –
- Mathematics: 15-20
- Aptitude: 35-42
- Planning: 13-17
Advice for JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 May Session Candidates
Almost all the students who appeared for JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 on February 23 have advised the B.Plan and B.Arch candidates to practice as many mock tests and previous years’ question papers as possible. As per them, while nothing was ‘out of syllabus’, practice could make a real difference in answering the questions confidently and in lesser time.