New Delhi, 30 March 2021 – The JEE Main 2021 registration window for the April session opened on 25 March 2021 and is due to close on 4th April 2021. Candidates who wish to appear for the April session must visit the official website – www.jeemain.nta.nic.in to fill the JEE Main 2021 application form as soon as possible. They can follow the important steps to register themselves for the upcoming exam and know the precise application fee by visiting here.
Apart from these details, candidates must know about all the guidelines that the NTA and the Indian Government has created for the smooth completion of the examination.
JEE Main April Examination 2021 – Important Dates
|Events ||Dates |
|JEE Main 2021 April Registration Commencement Date ||25th March 2021 |
|JEE Main 2021 Registration End Date ||4th April 2021 |
|Deadline to pay JEE Main April application fee ||6th April 2021 (up to 11:50 PM) |
|JEE Main 2021 Exam Date (April Session) ||27th April 2021 to 30th April 2021 |
JEE Main April Examination 2021 – Exam Timings
Candidates will find below the official JEE Main 2021 exam schedule that has been published on the official NTA JEE website along with the information brochure.
|Events ||Morning Shift ||Afternoon Shift |
|Exam Timings ||9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon ||3:00 PM to 6:00 PM * |
|Duration of the Exam ||3 Hours ||3 Hours* |
|Entry in the Examination Centre ||7:30 AM to 8:30 AM ||2:00 PM to 2:30 PM |
|Instructions by the Invigilator ||8:30 AM to 8:50 AM ||2:30 PM to 2:50 PM |
|Candidates log in to Read Instructions ||8:50 AM ||2:50 PM |
|Start Time of the Exam ||9:00 AM ||3:00 PM |
|End Time of the Exam ||12:00 PM ||6:00 PM* |
*Candidates who wish to register themselves for the May session of JEE Main exam 2021 will have these additional shift timings:
For Paper 2 (Afternoon shift): –
- Exam Timings – 6:30 PM
- Duration of the Exam – 3.5 Hours
- End Time of the Test – 6:30 PM
JEE Mains 2021 Rules and Regulations to be Maintained in Times of COVID
- All door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons, etc. will also be carefully disinfected.
- The seating area, monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and chair will be thoroughly sanitized before and after each of the JEE Main exam shifts.
- Hand sanitisers will be kept at the entry of the exam venue.
- The security personnel at the exam centre shall check each candidate’s body temperature using thermal guns at the entry point.
- Every candidate must sanitize their hands before entering the examination hall.
- To stop chances of any UFM being used in the examination, the candidate is expected to wear the freshly provided mask at the centre. The candidate will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before entry.
- JEE Main admit card will be checked through bar code reader, frisking will be through metal detectors to avoid touch. No contact norms are to be followed.
- Invigilators will distribute rough sheets to candidates wearing gloves.
- NTA has prescribed a dress code where shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are NOT permitted.
- Parents are advised not to stay at the exam centres during the exam time.
JEE Main 2021 – Guidelines for Exam Day
Candidates must follow the online test instructions and guidelines set by the NTA authority. The test instructions will help the candidates to attempt the computer-based exam without any hassles. Given below is a list of online test instructions set by the National Testing Agency panel that candidates need to abide by:
- The candidate/s must report at the examination centre at least an hour before the allotted exam time.
- After the reporting time mentioned in the hall ticket, candidates arriving late will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- The candidate/s must compulsorily bring the admit card (hard copy). The test centre officials will verify it and then allow the candidate to sit for the examination.
- Bring along a valid photo identity (ID of College, Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Voters ID Card).
- Do not bring xeroxed admit cards as the examination authority will scan the admit card through the barcode present in the original admit card.
- Admit cards must be in good condition. Dismantled, disfigured or mutilated admit cards compromising the details of the candidate will not be accepted.
- Duplicate JEE Main admit cards would not be issued at the examination centres if the original admit card is torn or lost by a candidate.
- PwD certificates issued by the Competent Authority must be presented at the exam centre by the candidates claiming relaxation.
- A seat with Roll Number will be allotted to each candidate. They should find and sit on their allocated seats only.
- No baggage is allowed inside the examination hall.
JEE Main 2021 – Mandatory COVID-19 Guidelines to be Followed by Candidates
Candidates must check out these general COVID-19 related guidelines and follow them at all the JEE Main exam centres:
- Gap between 2 seats will be maintained as per GOI guidelines
- Social distancing would be maintained strictly at the exam centres. Candidates have to maintain at least 6 feet or 2-metre distance from other candidates.
- A significant gap has to be present between two seats inside the exam hall.
- Besides the admit card and photo ID card, gloves, a personal transparent water bottle, personal hand sanitiser (50 ml), and a pen will also be allowed in the exam hall.
- To avoid crowding, exam room numbers would not be displayed outside the centre.
- Candidates violating COVID-19 directives/advisories would not be allowed to sit for the exam
- Candidates would be allowed to leave the test centre one at a time to avoid the rush and maintain social distancing.
JEE Mains Guidelines 2021 related to Admit Card
- Check details like name, paper, date of birth, gender, test centre, city, state code of eligibility and category on your JEE Main Admit Card.
- In case of any discrepancy found, get in touch with the JEE Main officials for the correction at 0120-6895200 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOs and DON’Ts for JEE Main 2021
NTA has underlined a few Dos and Don’ts for all the April session appearing candidates that they must abide by before and during the exam:
|DOs ||DON’Ts |
|Candidates are advised to bring the following documents to the examination hall. Without these documents, candidates won’t be allowed to enter the examination venue. |
- A hard copy of Admit Card
- Valid ID proof such as the ID of College, Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Voters ID Card
|Don’t carry: |
- Electronic gadgets like calculators, Pager
- Watches with facilities of calculator
- Slide rules
- Log tables
- Printed or written materials
- Bits of papers
- Mobile phone
- Textual material
- Geometry/pencil box
- Any metallic item
- Eatables/water/tea/coffee/cold drinks
- Any other electronic device to the examination hall.
|Do check the allotted system if it is in working condition. ||Don’t rush while going through the exam instructions. Read them slowly and carefully. |
|Do carry the JEE Main Admit card along with you. ||Don’t carry any prohibited items to the exam hall. |
|Do ensure that all the details on the attendance sheet are correct and signatures are done at the prescribed place/column. ||Don’t solve any question in a hurry. |
|Do follow the invigilator’s signals at the beginning of the examination, at half-time and before the closing of the exam. ||Don’t waste time on questions you don’t know; also, don’t spend too much time on a single question. |
|Do produce your admit card whenever demanded by the invigilator. ||Don’t opt for any unfair means during the exam. The exam centre premises will be under CCTV surveillance. |
JEE Mains 2021 Guidelines for Diabetic Candidates
- Diabetic candidates are allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) and transparent water bottles to the examination hall.
- Diabetic candidates won’t be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/candy/sandwich into the examination hall.