Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has opened its online registration window for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing degree programme. While the entrance exam for the course (for the January session) will be held on 11 April 2021, the registration for the same can be done until 30 March 2021.
Table of Contents
What is the duration of IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Program?
The minimum duration of the programme is 3 years. Students are, however, provided a duration of 5 years to complete the programme from the date of admission, after which the students have to re-apply for re-admission paying the prorata fee for each incomplete course of theory and practical components.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Programme
In-service Nurses i.e., Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years of experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. (For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery).
In-service Nurses (RNRM) having 10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of five years of experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. (For males nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery).
There is no upper age limit to pursue this course.
How to Register for IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Programme?
Before proceeding with filling the application form for the Post Basic Nursing Programme at IGNOU, candidates must register themselves first. Follow the below steps to register –
Step 1: Visit ignounursing.samarth.edu.in
Step 2: Click on ‘CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION’
Step 3: Fill the required registration details including username and password. Ensure that your username is between 8 to 16 characters. On the other hand, the password should be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters.
Step 4: Click on ‘Submit’
Step 5: Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS. Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
Note: If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
IGNOU Post Basic Nursing Programme – Documents/Things required before filling the online application form
- Scanned passport size Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button to get further information related to online application which you need to fill up.
- After the final submission of online application form, download the filled-in application form, take the printout and enclose the hardcopies/photocopies of all the documents and certificates as mentioned in the student handbook and prospectus to be submitted during counselling for final admission.
- The photo copies of all the documents and certificates must be self-attested.
- Also, you have to bring all original certificates as mentioned in the student handbook and prospectus during counselling at the time of final admission.
DIRECT LINK TO APPLY FOR IGNOU POST BASIC NURSING PROGRAMME