New Delhi, October 20, 2022, IBPS PO 2022: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting the IBPS PO Mains 2022 exam on November 26, 2022 for the candidates shortlisted in the IBPS PO Prelims 2022 for the recruitment of 6432 Probationary Officer (PO)/ Management Trainee (MT) posts in the participating banks.
The IBPS PO Prelims 2022 exam was successfully conducted on October 15 and October 16, 2022. Further, candidates who clear the online main examination successfully will be subsequently called for a common interview to be conducted by the participating banks. Shortlisted candidates will be provisionally allotted to one of the participating banks.
Table of Contents
IBPS PO 2022 – Overview
|Online registration||August 02, 2022 to August 22, 2022|
|Payment of application fees/intimation charges (online)||August 02, 2022 to August 22, 2022|
|Online prelims exam||October 15 and October 16, 2022|
|Online mains exam||October 26, 2022|
|Mains exam result||December 2022|
|Interview admit card download||January/February 2023|
|Provisional allotment||April 2023|
IBPS PO 2022 – Mains Exam Pattern
- The selection process for IBPS PO 2022 consists of an online preliminary exam, a mains exam, and an interview round.
- IBPS PO 2022 Mains exam contains objective multiple-choice questions (MCQs) of 300 marks and a descriptive test of the English Language of 25 marks.
- Both the objective and descriptive tests will be held online.
- There will be separate sectional timing for each section.
- Candidates need to attempt the descriptive paper online by typing answers on the computer.
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||60||45|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||60||35|
|English Language (Letter & Essay Writing)||25||2|
- Candidates are required to qualify in all the sections by obtaining cut-off marks that will be decided by the IBPS after the exam
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4th or 0.25 marks for each wrong answer and no penalty for questions left unanswered.
- Descriptive paper of English Language (letter writing & essay) may be evaluated by an automated scoring mechanism for identifying features related to writing proficiency.
IBPS PO 2022 – Mains Syllabus
The candidates who secure a minimum cut-off will be eligible to appear for the IBPS PO Mains exam. The syllabus for the IBPS PO Mains exam is given below for the following sections:
- Reasoning Aptitude
- General/ Economy/Banking Awareness
- English Language
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
- Seating Arrangements
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
- Distance and Direction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Cloze test
- Reading comprehension
- Spotting errors
- Sentence improvement
- Sentence correction
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Para/Sentence completion
- Number series
- Data Interpretation
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic equation
- Data sufficiency
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Work, Time, and Energy
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Permutation and Combination
General Awareness and Computer Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Banking Awareness
- GK updates
- Important places
- Books and Authors
- Prime Minister schemes
- Important days
- Basic computer knowledge
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many stages are there in the IBPS PO Exam?
There are three stages in IBPS PO exam: a preliminary exam, a mains exam, and an interview.
Is there a negative marking for IBPS PO Exam?
Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question.
What is the exam pattern of IBPS PO Exam?
IBPS PO 2022 Mains exam contains objective multiple-choice questions (MCQs) of 300 marks and a descriptive test of English Language of 25 marks.