New Delhi, November 28, 2023 – GATE 2023 Exam Schedule – The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT-Kanpur) has announced the examination schedule for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2023 today i.e. November 28th. The exams are scheduled to be held on February 4th, 5th, 11th, and 12th, 2023.
All the exams will be held in two sessions:
- Morning – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Afternoon – 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Applicants can check the section below to find all the important information about the exam schedule.
Table of Contents
- GATE 2023 Exam Schedule – General Overview
- GATE 2023 Exam Schedule – Examination Timetable
- GATE 2023 Exam Schedule – Other Details, Highlights and Important Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
GATE 2023 Exam Schedule – General Overview
|Dates of Examination||
|Total Sessions||Two sessions
|Timing of Morning Session||9.30 to 12.30 a.m|
|Timing of Afternoon Session||2.30 to 5.30 p.m|
GATE 2023 Exam Schedule – Examination Timetable
|Date of Examination||Subjects|
|February 4, 2023||
|February 5, 2023||
|February 11, 2023||
|February 12, 2023||
GATE 2023 Exam Schedule – Other Details, Highlights and Important Dates
- IIT Kanpur has added 23 new cities and towns to the list of GATE examination centres.
- IIT Kanpur has increased the registration fee. The fee has increased to INR 100 for female candidates and candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/Personal with Disabilities (PWD) categories.
- For other candidates, the fee has increased to INR 200 (this is also applicable to candidates from other nationalities.)
- The GATE exam authority has also added two new papers (Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture along with Geomatics Engineering) this year.
- The General Eligibility Criteria for the GATE examination includes candidates who have already completed any degree program in Technology/ Engineering/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts from any government recognized institution.
|Name of the Examination||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Organising Body||IIT Kanpur|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based Test (Online)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Subject Papers||29|
|Number of Questions||10 (General Aptitude) and 55 (Subject oriented) = 65|
|GATE Admit Card release date||January 3, 2023|
|Candidate’s response sheet will be available in the application portal||February 15, 2023|
|GATE Answer Keys release date||February 21, 2023|
|Submission of challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||February 22 to 25, 2023|
|GATE Result announcement||March 16, 2023|
|GATE Score Card release date||March 21, 2023|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to access the GATE 2023 syllabus?
The syllabus for the GATE 2023, which includes 29 subjects, has been released on the official website – gate.iitk.ac.in. Candidates can download the PDF of the syllabus for their future reference.
How many types of questions are there in the GATE exam for the year 2023?
There are three types of questions in the GATE 2023 exam, and they are: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Test (NAT).
What are the subjects included in the GATE 2023 syllabus?
The GATE 2023 exam consists of three sections: General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics, and other subject-specific papers.