New Delhi, 12 January, 2022: The Union Public Service Commission, Civil Services exam (UPSC CSE) aspirants have been demanding extra attempts and age relaxation in the civil services exam. Candidates have flooded the social media platforms with the hashtags such as #UPSCExtraAttempt and #ExtraAttemptForAll to raise their demands.
Note: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released an important notice regarding the UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam 2021 wherein the commission has decided to conduct exams on 7, 8, 9, 15, and 16 January, 2022 at various exam centres across the country. It has released the notice to aid the students to have a safe examination and has also requested the state authorities to help with the same.
Table of Contents
Demand for UPSC Civil Services Extra Attempts: Reasons
The reasons cited by UPSC aspirants for their demands for extra attempts and age relaxation are:
- Prevalence of COVID-19 first and second waves
- Occurrence of internet issues in some regions
- Imposition of lockdowns
- Loss of family members because of COVID-19
- Occurrence of mental stress which got induced due to COVID-19
Extra Attempt and Age Relaxation in UPSC CSE: Arguments
- As per the aspirants, a minimum of 2 years age relaxation in all central government job exams is needed at present.
- The vacancies for government jobs are less and attempts are limited.
- The shortage of vacancies and inability on the part of the students to give their best shot in the exams due to COVID-19 has arguably led to unrest and mental chaos among the students.
Here are some of the concerns of the students on social media: