What is CUET?
The Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET) is a national-level entrance examination for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) courses at participating universities and colleges across the country. It has been introduced to reduce the high cut-off standards, which have been prevalent till now in top central universities like Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, Central University of Punjab, and Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Until now, each central university had a distinct mechanism for facilitating admissions into their undergraduate and postgraduate courses. In order to unify this process, the Ministry of Education has introduced the CUET exam which will be conducted by NTA as a common exam for admissions into all the central universities of India.
CUET UG 2022 – Benefits
- The CUET UG 2022 exam will provide a common platform and equal opportunities to candidates across the country, especially those from rural and other remote areas.
- This examination will also enable the candidates to be a part of the admissions process to various central universities.
- This examination also aims to improve equity and quality in education by administering research-based, valid, reliable, efficient, transparent, fair, and international level assessments.
- Through this examination, the current gaps in the existing assessment systems will be properly identified and rectified accordingly.
- Through this exam, students will not have to bear the burden of scoring high in Class 12 board examinations (99 to 100%).
- Now, with the CUET UG 2022 exam, they can trust their ability to crack the common entrance test to take admissions into the top central universities in India.
CUET UG 2022 – Exam Dates
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the CUET UG 2022 exam in July 2022.
- The CUET UG 2022 exam will be held in the computer-based mode for admission to the UG courses in central universities and other participating institutions (PI) for the academic year 2022-23.
- The CUET UG 2022 will be held in 547 cities within India and in 13 cities outside India.
- The examination will be conducted on multiple days in two shifts, depending on the number of candidates and languages/tests taken by them.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Overview Table
|Online submission of application form
|06 April to 06 May 2022
(up to 5 pm)
|Last date of successful transaction of examination fee
|06 May 2022 (up to 11:50 pm)
|Correction in the particulars of application form on the website only
|To be announced later on the website
|Downloading of admit card from NTA website
|To be announced later on the website
|Date of examination
|First and the second week of July 2022
|Duration of examination
|Slot 1: 195 minutes (3:15 hours)
Slot 2: 225 minutes (3:45 hours)
|Timing of examination
|Slot 1: 9 AM to 12.15 pm
Slot 2: 3 PM to 06.45 pm
|Centre, date, tests/subjects, and timing of
|As indicated on the admit card
|Display of recorded responses and provisional answer keys on the website
|To be announced later on the website
|Declaration of result on the NTA website
|To be announced later on the website
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Application Process
Step 1: Registration Form
- Candidates are required to register using the online application form and note down the system-generated application number.
- Candidates should provide all the required details while filling out the online application form and are also required to create a PASSWORD and choose a security question and enter his/her answer.
- After successful submission of personal details, an application number will be generated and will be used to complete the remaining steps of the application form. It will also be required for all future reference/correspondence.
- For subsequent logins, the candidates can log in directly with the respective system-generated application number and created password.
Step 2: Application Form
- The candidates will be required to log in with the system-generated application number and pre-created password for completing the application form including filling up personal details, providing the details of educational qualification, university/program selection, test paper details, choosing the examination, cities, and uploading the images and documents (if any).
- Then, they are required to upload scanned images of their photograph, signature, category certificate, and PwBD certificate (wherever applicable).
- The recent photograph should be either in color or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against a white background.
- The scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format (clearly legible).
- The size of the scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb (clearly legible).
- The size of the scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb (clearly legible).
- The size of the scanned copy of the category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.) should be between 50 kb and 300 kb in PDF (clearly legible).
- The size of the scanned copy of the PwBD certificate should be between 50 kb to 300 kb in PDF (clearly legible)
- The candidate has to upload only his/her own photograph, signature, and certificate(s) as mentioned above (and not of anybody else) in a correct/proper manner.
- In case, it is found at any time in the future that the candidate has used/uploaded the photograph, signature, and certificate(s) of someone else in his/her application form or if the admit card has been damaged by the candidate, these acts shall be considered as unfair.
Step 3: Fee Payment
- After completing Step 1 and Step 2, the candidates have to pay the requisite examination fee. The fee can be submitted only online through net banking, credit card, debit card, UPI, or paytm services.
- Processing charges and GST as applicable are chargeable to the candidate (in addition to the examination fee) by the concerned bank/payment gateway integrator.
- The confirmation page of the online application form will be generated only after successful payment by the candidate.
- In case the confirmation page is not generated after payment of the fee, then the candidate may have to approach the concerned bank/payment gateway (in the helpline number and e-mail given in the Information Bulletin) for ensuring the successful payment or for obtaining the refund of duplicate/multiple payments.
- Lastly, the candidates will be required to download, save, and print a copy of the confirmation page of the application form for future reference.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Application Fee Details
|Slot: Timing of
|Slot-1: 9 am to
|Slot-2: 3 pm to
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Eligibility
- There is no age limit for the candidates appearing in the CUET UG 2022 exam.
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 or an equivalent examination, or are appearing in 2022 irrespective of their age, can appear in CUET UG 2022 examination.
- However, candidates will be required to fulfill the age criteria (if any) of the university in which they are desirous of taking admission.
- As the eligibility criteria for admission may be unique for every university, the candidates are advised to visit the university website to which they are applying.
- Candidates are advised to check that they possess the eligibility criteria laid down by the university of their choice before applying.
Note: Mere appearance in the entrance test or securing pass marks on the test does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the program unless he/she fulfills the program-wise eligibility conditions of the university of their choice.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Exam Pattern and Other Details
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Pattern
- CUET UG 2022 will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
- There are three sections in the design of the test:
- Section 1A – 13 languages
- Section 1B – 20 languages
- Section 2 – 27 domain-specific subjects
- Section 3 – General test
- A candidate has the option to choose any language/domain-specific subjects/ general test or a combination as may be required for admission to specified course/s of the desired university while applying.
- It is not mandatory to choose any one or more of the tests/subjects stated above.
- The choice of tests/subjects would depend on the course/s opted for by the candidate and the universities where admission is sought.
- Examination slots are scheduled with a combination of sections stated above.
- A candidate can take a maximum of 9 tests in the following manner:
- A maximum of 2 languages from Section 1A and Section 1B can be taken together, a maximum of 6 domain subjects from Section 2, and a general test can be taken from Section 3.
Maximum of 3 languages from Section IA and Section 1B can be taken together, a maximum of 55 domain subjects from Section 2 and general tests can be taken from Section 3.
- Considering that candidates from different states/boards would be applying for CUET (UG)-2022, NTA has decided to provide choice in all sections of question papers.
- For choosing languages, domain-specific subjects, and general test, the candidate must refer to the requirements of his/her intended university as choices should match the requirements of the university.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Medium of the Exam
- The tests (other than the “Language” Test) are offered in 13 languages i.e. Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odiya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- A candidate is required to opt for one of the specified languages as the medium of the paper, as per the desired university’s eligibility criteria while applying.
- The question paper in respect of the domain-specific subjects and the general test will be bi-lingual, i.e., it will be in the medium (one of the 13 languages) opted by the candidate and in English.
- In case of any discrepancy in the translation, the English version shall prevail except for the “Language” test.
- Medium is not the same as the “Language” opted as a component of the test.
- “Language” test is for assessing the proficiency/skills of the candidate in the language opted by him/her and the question paper in respect to the same will be available to the candidate in the medium opted by him/her only. The question paper of the “Language” test will not be bi-lingual.
- Questions in the “Language test” are not translations of the questions in English. They are unique/specific to the language opted and have to be answered accordingly.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Time and Duration
CUET UG 2022 exam will be conducted on multiple days in two slots per day as given below:
|Timing of Examination
|9 am to 12.15 pm
|45 minutes to 225 minutes
|Duration of Examination
|45 or 60 minutes to 195 minutes
|45 minutes to 225 minutes
- Examination will be conducted in two or more slots on different days depending on the subjects/ test taken by the candidates.
- In Slot 1, a candidate may take up to 4 tests only (one Language from Section 1, a maximum of two domain-specific subjects from Section 2, and one general test from Section 3.
- In Slot 2, a candidate can take up to 5 tests as follows:
- One Language from Section 1A & 1B and a maximum of four domain-specific subjects from Section 2.
- Two Languages from Section 1A & 1B and a maximum of three domain-specific subjects from Section 2.
- Combining Slot 1 and Slot 2 together, a candidate may take a maximum of 9 tests.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Marking Scheme
To answer a question, the candidates need to choose one option corresponding to the correct answer or the most appropriate answer. However, if any anomaly or discrepancy is found, it shall be addressed in the following manner:
|Correct answer or the most appropriate answer
|Five marks (+5)
|Any incorrect option
|Minus one mark (-1)
|Unanswered/Marked for Review
|No mark (0)
|If more than one option is found to be correct
|Five marks (+5) will be awarded to only
those who have marked any of the correct options
|If all options are found to be correct
|Five marks (+5) will be awarded to all those who
have attempted the question
|If none of the options is found correct or a question is found to be wrong or a question has dropped
|All candidates who have attempted the dropped question will be given five marks (+5) marks
Note: The scores/result of CUET (UG) 2022 may be utilized by other organizations as per their
eligibility criteria/norms/applicable regulations/guidelines/rules.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Reservation
- Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules prescribed by the Government of India.
- However, in the case of the central universities, the reservation policy of the respective universities shall be applicable.
For Candidates Claiming to the GEN-EWS Category
- GEN-EWS certificate needs to be uploaded in the online application form of CUET (UG) 2022, which should have been issued on or after 1 January 2022 in line with the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
- If any GEN-EWS candidate fails to submit the GEN-EWS certificate (issued on or after 1 January 2022) at the time of online registration, the candidate has to upload a declaration.
For Candidates Claiming to the OBC-NCL Category
- OBC-NCL certificate needs to be uploaded in the online application form of CUET UG 2022 which should have been issued on or after 1 January 2022, in line with the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
- If any OBC-NCL candidate fails to upload the OBC-NCL certificate (issued on or after 1 January 2022) at the time of online registration, the candidate has to upload a declaration.
For Candidates Claiming to the SC or ST Category
Caste (for SC) or tribe (for ST) certificate needs to be uploaded in the online application form of CUET UG 2022, as per the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
For Candidates Claiming to the PwBD Category
The Physical Disability certificate (Unique Disability Identification [UDID]) Certificate issued by the notified medical authority needs to be uploaded in the online application form of CUET UG 2022.
Note: Click here to download the respective reservation forms.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Syllabus
|Section 1A & 1B
|Language to be tested through reading Comprehension (based on different types of passages – Factual, Literary, and Narrative, Literary Aptitude, and Vocabulary)
|As given on the NTA website https://cuet.samarth.ac.in.
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/stat taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Note: To view the syllabus for domain-specific subjects, please click here.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Participating Universities
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Assam University
- Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh
- Central University of South Bihar
- Central University of Gujarat
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of Kashmir
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Orissa
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Tami Nadu
- Dr. Harisingh Gaur Vishwa Vidhyalaya
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwa Vidhyalaya
- Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Admit Card Details
- The e-admit card would be issued provisionally to the candidates through the NTA website subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility conditions and receipt of the prescribed application fee by NTA.
- The candidate has to download the admit card from the NTA website.
- The candidate will appear in the examination at the given centre on the date and shift/timing as indicated in his/her e-admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on the date and shift/time other than that allotted to him/her in the admit card.
- In case a candidate is unable to download the admit card from the website, he/she should use the NTA helpline number: 011-40759000 or 011-69227700 between 10 am and 5 pm.
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and strictly follow them during the examination.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signature shown on the e-admit card and confirmation page, the candidate may immediately approach the NTA helpline between 10 am and 5 pm.
- In such a case, the candidate would appear in the examination with the already downloaded admit card. However, NTA will take necessary action to make corrections in the record later.
- The date of downloading the admit card for the exam will be announced on the NTA website.
- The candidates must remember that the admit cards will not be sent by post.
- In no case, the duplicate admit card for CUET UG 2022 exam would be issued at the examination centers.
- The candidates must not pose any damage to the admit card or change any entry made therein.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their admit cards in good condition for future reference.
- No admit card shall be issued to the candidates whose applications are found to be incomplete for any reasons (including indistinct/ doubtful photographs/unsigned applications) or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the examination.
- Issue of admit cards shall not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which shall be further evaluated at subsequent stages of the admission process.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Answer Keys, Result, and Admission
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Answer Keys, Result
- The NTA will display the provisional answer key of the questions on the NTA website with a public notice, issued to this effect on the website to provide an opportunity to the candidates to challenge the provisional answer keys with a non-refundable online payment of ₹ 200/- per question challenged as processing charges.
- Only paid challenges made during stipulated time through the key challenge link will be considered.
- Challenges without justification/evidence and those filed on any other medium other than the prescribed link will not be considered.
- The NTA decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be
- NTA will not inform the candidates individually about the outcome of the challenges made.
- The subject experts will examine all the challenges received and then a final answer key will be displayed and declared.
- The result will be compiled based on the final answer key declared.
- No grievance with regard to the answer key(s) after the declaration of result/NTA score of CUET 2022 will be entertained.
- NTA will display the recorded responses and question paper attempted by the candidates on the NTA website cuet.samarth.ac.in prior to the declaration of the result/NTA score.
CUET UG 2022 Exam – Admission
- Merely appearing in CUET UG 2022 does not confer any right to the candidate for admission to the desired university.
- The selection and admission are subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in the merit list, medical fitness, verification of original documents, and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the university of choice.
- Admissions are handled at the level of each of the Central Universities (CUs) for their respective programs.
- After the declaration of the CUET UG 2022 exam, the respective CUs will declare the counseling/ admission schedule and merit list based on the CUET UG 2022 exam score and the other criteria of the respective university.
- For all admission-related procedures/queries, the candidates are advised to refer to the website of the applied university after the declaration of the result of the CUET UG 2022 exam.
- NTA does not have any role in the preparation of the merit list.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can students apply for CUET (UG) 2022?
Students can submit their online application form for CUET UG 2022 at cuet.samarth.ac.in. Candidates who wish to appear for CUET are advised to go through the prospectus of the desired university/universities/participating institution.
What documents or certificates do students need to upload along with the application form?
Candidates need to upload the following with the application form: Scanned images of photograph and signature, certificates in respect of PwD/Category/BPL certificate as applicable. The documents/certificates shall be verified directly at the time of admission by the university.
When will the CUET UG 2022 exam be held?
The CUET UG 2022 exam will be held in the first and the second week of July 2022.
When will the CUET UG 2022 exam result be out?
The CUET UG 2022 exam results will be announced later on the website cuet.samarth.ac.in