New Delhi, 18 July 2022 – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced that the CTET 2022 exam will be conducted in the month of December this year. The nation-wide exam will be conducted in 20 languages in the computer-based test (CBT) mode.
CBSE will also release a detailed notification regarding the exam, eligibility, syllabus, and other details soon on its official website – ctet.nic.in.
Table of Contents
CTET 2022 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Date||December 2022|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|No of Languages||20|
|Where to Apply?||ctet.nic.in|
CTET 2022 Exam & Eligibility Details
- The exam will be conducted in December 2022 in CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- The exam will be held in 20 languages across the country.
- The online application for the exam will begin at the official website after CBSE has released the official CTET 2022 notification.
- The exam comprises two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is for aspirants who would like to teach classes 1 to 5.
- Paper 2 is for aspirants who would like to teach classes 6 to 8.
- For both papers, there will be a total of 150 MCQs in the CTET exam.
- To be eligible for Paper 1, candidates should be at least Class 12 passed with a minimum of 45% aggregate.
- To be eligible for Paper 2, candidates should have at least graduated with a minimum of 45% aggregate or should have passed Class 12 with at least 50% aggregate.
- These aspirants should also have completed the prescribed teacher training programmes/teacher education courses, which are required for the CTET exam.
NOTE: These are basic details regarding the CTET exam 2022. Exact details will be provided once CBSE has released the official notification for the exam.
CTET 2022 Exam Fee Details
Here are the application fee details for the CTET 2022 exam:
|Category||Fee for Paper I or Paper II||Fee for Both Paper I and II|
|General/OBC||Rs 1000||Rs 1200|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs 500||Rs 600|
What is CTET?
Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national-level exam for determining the eligibility of candidates for teaching posts for Classes 1 to 8 in Central Government schools.
How to apply for the CTET 2022 exam?
Candidates can apply for the CTET exam by visiting the official website - ctet.nic.in.
Is BEd required for CTET 2022?
Having a B.Ed degree is one of the key parameters required to appear for the CTET 2022 exam. Those who do not have a B.Ed degree are not eligible for the exam.
Can I be a PGT teacher after CTET?
No! CTET 2022 exam is only conducted for TGT and PRT levels. Candidates aspiring for PGT posts need to apply separately to respective authorities.
Is there any age limit to appear for the CTET exam?
There is no age limit for the CTET exam, however, candidates must be Class 12 passed or graduates to appear. Also, there is no upper age limit for candidates to appear in the exam.