New Delhi, 18 July 2022 – The Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Hemant Soren, has announced that the state government will now provide financial assistance to students who are preparing for competitive exams. The state government will soon come up with a policy to implement the same and candidates will be receiving monetary assistance to cover their coaching fees.
The CM made the announcement on Saturday (16 July) at the launch of Jharkhand State Employment of local candidates in the private sector, where he was distributing appointment letters to around 11,000 youths for private sector jobs.
|Announcement||Competitive exam aspirants to get financial aid|
|Made By||Hemant Soren, CM (Jharkhand)|
|Eligible Candidates||Students preparing for exams like JPSC, UPSC, JEE, NEET, etc.|
|Date of Announcement||16 July 2022|
|Aim||To empower students of the state with assistance and help them forge their dream careers|
Table of Contents
Jharkhand to Offer Financial Aid – Details
- While speaking at the launch of the Jharkhand State Employment of local candidates in the private sector, CM Hemant Soren announced the government’s plan to provide financial aid to students.
- The aid will be for students who are preparing for competitive examinations like the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC), Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), among other exams.
- To cement the announcement, the state government will soon be coming up with a policy in this regard.
- The financial aid will help students of the state prepare for competitive exams and forge their dream careers.
- The Jharkhand state cabinet has recently approved the rules of the new policy for employment in the private sector.
- Under this policy, private companies in Jharkhand will now have to provide a 75% reservation to natives of the state.
- The CM also stated that the government wants to transition Jharkhand from a backward state to a leading state of the country in the next 5 to 7 years.
- For that, the government is striving to revolutionalise the employment and education sectors of the state.
- As per this plan, a total of 11,391 youths have been given appointment letters since April 2022.
- The government also recently allotted appointment letters to more than 250 candidates who cracked the JPSC examination.
- Additionally, the government also commenced the recruitment of agriculture officers and staff in forensic labs for the first time.
Does the Jharkhand government offer any scholarships for competitive exams?
Although the Jharkhand state government offers a lot of scholarships to students, which can be checked at ekalyan.cgg.gov.in, there’s no specific scholarship for competitive exam aspirants. This is why the government recently announced financial aid for native students who are preparing for competitive exams.
Is there any reservation for Jharkhand natives in private jobs?
Yes! The state government recently passed a policy dictating a 75% reservation of locals in all private jobs across the state.
Which exams come under the competitive exams financial aid?
Entrance exams like JEE, NEET, JPSC, UPSC, etc., come under the financial assistance plan.