New Delhi, 05 September 2022, CSIR UGC NET 2022: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the examination schedule for the Joint Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (CSIR-UGC NET) on the official website – csirnet.nta.nic.in. The notification has been released for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for Lectureship (LS) or Assistant Professor posts.
According to the notification, the Joint CSIR UGC NET June 2022 computer-based test (CBT) exam will be conducted from 05 September to 18 September in two shifts. The morning shift will begin from 9.00 AM and the afternoon shift will begin from 3 PM.
Note: The city intimation slip and admit cards for the exam will be available on the NTA website by 10 September and 13 September, respectively.
Table of Contents
- CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Highlights
- CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Exam Schedule
- CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Time Schedule
- CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Exam Pattern
- CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Admit Card Details
CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Highlights
- As per the latest updates, exam fees for the General category is INR 1000, whereas for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category, the exam fees would be INR 250.
- The mode of exam will be computer-based.
- The exam will be held in a total of 225 cities.
CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Exam Schedule
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the exam schedule for the June 2022 session of Joint CSIR UGC NET. Candidates can check out the complete schedule for UGC NET exam in the table given below:
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences;
|16 September 2022|
|Mathematical Sciences||16 September 2022|
|Life Sciences||17 September 2022|
|Chemical Sciences||19 September 2022|
CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Time Schedule
The Joint CSIR UGC NET applicants can check out the time schedule in the table given below:
|Subject||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
|9:00 AM-12:00 PM||–|
|Mathematical Sciences||–||3:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Life Sciences||9:00 AM-12:00 PM||3:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Chemical Sciences||9:00 AM-12:00 PM||–|
CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Exam Pattern
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) sets the CSIR UGC NET exam pattern and syllabus.
- Each CSIR NET 2022 exam paper consists of 200 mark objective type multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The candidates need to attempt a total 75 MCQs from Part A, B and C.
- Questions of part A and B carry two marks, whereas questions of part C carry 4 marks.
- There is a negative marking of 25 percent in Part A and B, and a negative marking of 33 per cent in Part-C for each incorrect answer.
- The candidates must complete the paper in a duration of three hours.
- Part-A is common for all the subjects. This section of the exam includes questions on topics including Quantitative Comparison, Logical Reasoning, Graphic Analysis, Analytical and Numerical Skills, Series Construction, and Puzzles.
- Part-B includes multiple choice questions that are related to the topics given in the syllabus.
- Questions in part-C are conceptual and analytical.
- The question paper is set in both Hindi and English language,
- If a candidate attempts more than the required set of questions, only the first attempted questions will be taken into consideration for scoring.
- Marking scheme for each correct answer is +2 marks and for each wrong answer is 0.5 marks.
CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Exam Documents
The following documents are required for candidates to carry along with them at the examination center:
- UGC NET admit card
- Ballpoint pen
- One passport-size photograph
- Photo ID proof
- PwD certificate
CSIR UGC NET 2022 – Admit Card Details
The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), National Testing Agency (NTA), has released the admit card date for the UGC NET exam. The admit card link will be available on 13 September 2022.
Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to download the admit card:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Step 2: Click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ link.
Step 3: Enter the application number, date of birth and security pin.
Step 4: Click on ‘Submit’.
Step 5: Download the admit card for further reference.
Note: To check the CSIR UGC NET official document, please click here.
Q.1 What is the application fee for CSIR UGC NET exam?
A non-refundable examination fee of INR 1000 must be paid by candidates who fall under the General category. The Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) will be required to pay INR 250. The Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates have to pay no application fee.
Q2. Is it necessary to be an Indian in order to apply for the CSIR UGC NET exam?
Yes, in order to apply for CSIR UGC NET exam, an applicant must be a citizen of India.
Q3. How many times will CSIR UGC NET exam be held?
The CSIR UGC NET exams will be held twice a year, once in June and then in December.