Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the upcoming National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (1), 2021 on its official website- upsc.gov.in. The examination is being held by UPSC for recruitment into Army, Navy and Air Force Wings of NDA for 147th Course and 109th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
As per the official notification, the UPSC NDA NA 1 online application process will commence from today, December 30, 2020, on the official website- upsconline.nic.in. The deadline for filling the application form for the UPSC NDA NA 1 exam is January 19, 2021. The UPSC NDA 1 exam is scheduled to be conducted on April 18, 2021.
Through UPSC NDA NA 2020-21 exam, 400 vacancies will be granted to those candidates who will successfully pass the two distinct stages of UPSC NDA NA 1 exam – written exam and SSB interview round. There are 370 vacancies available in the National Defence Academy which includes 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air force (including 28 vacancies for ground duties). The remaining 30 vacancies will be available for Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme).
Official Notice for UPSC NDA NA 1 Examination (2020-21)
To register for the UPSC NDA NA 1 Examination (2020-21), Visit Here
Table of Contents
UPSC NDA NA 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
Aspiring candidates who seek to apply for the UPSC NDA NA 1 exam 2021 must satisfy the eligibility criteria before proceeding with the application form. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
Criteria for Army Wing of National Defence Academy – Candidate must have passed Class 12 of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a recognised State Education Board or a University.
Criteria for Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy – Candidate must have passed Class 12 of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects, conducted by a recognised State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing for the Class 12 (of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination) in the academic session 2020-21, will also be considered eligible to apply for this entrance examination.
UPSC NDA NA 2021 – Age Limit
NDA 1 Exam: Candidates (unmarried male) must have born not earlier than July 2, 2002, and not later than July 1, 2005
NDA 2 Exam: Candidates (unmarried male) must have born not earlier than January 2, 2002, and not later than January 1, 2006
UPSC NDA NA 2021 – Application Fee
- General/Unreserved – INR 100
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs – No Fee
UPSC NDA NA 2021 – Step-by-Step Application Form Filling Process
Aspiring candidates who seek to apply for the UPSC NDA NA 1 exam 2021 must follow the steps given below –
Visit the official website of UPSC- upsc.gov.in
On the right hand side of the home screen, under the ‘What’s New’ section, click on the link mentioning – Exam Notification : National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (1), 2021
You will be redirected to a page, where you can download the pdf file of the official exam notification and also proceed to fill the application form.
Scroll to the link “Click here” and you will be redirected to a page where you can complete the registration for the UPSC NDA NA 1 2020-21 examination.
Part – I Registration
1. The UPSC NDA NA 1 registration process is divided into 2 parts.
2. Click on the ‘Part 1 registration’. Instruction and guidelines will be displayed on the screen, read them and proceed for the registration process.
3. The Part 1 registration involves four stages – candidate’s registration, preference order for branches, verification of details and generation of registration id/number for the part 2 registration and further login purposes.
4. Candidate’s Details Required for Registration (Page 1)
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Marital status
- Physically challenged (yes/no)
- If you belong to minority (yes/no)
- Fee Remission Allowed (yes/no)
5. Educational details (choose from the available options)
6. Permanent address
9. Area code
10. Mobile number
11. Email id
12. Alternative Email
13. Click on continue for page 2 registration
Page-2 – Photo Identity Card and Choosing the Order of Preferred Branches
- Enter photo identity (from the available options- eg- Aadhaar or PAN card)
- Enter the photo identity card number and confirm the verification
- Applicants must then choose the order of preferred branches from: Indian Army, Air Force, Navy and Naval Academy.
- Candidates must also enter whether they studied from Sainik/Military School or Son of JCO/NCO/Other Rank Officer
- Click on the ‘continue’ tab for next page
Page-3 – Verification of Details
- Candidates must verify the details and proceed by agreeing to the terms and conditions by clicking on the ‘tickbox’.
Page-4 – Generation of Registration ID/Number
- A page with the details filled by the applicant will be displayed on the screen and a new registration ID will be generated. The registration ID is sent to the applicant’s email ID as well.
- You can now proceed to Part-2 registration of the UPSC NDA NA 1 examination (2020-21)
- Enter the credentials such as registration ID number and date of birth. Next, match the CAPTCHA code and finally submit.
- You will be directed to the Part- 2 registration
Part – II Registration
Part II of registration for the UPSC NDA NA 1 exam comprises fee payment, selection of exam centre and uploading of scanned copies of photograph and signature.
1. Fee Payment – Applicants must pay the registration/application fee through any of the available banking methods (ebanking/debit/credit). Candidates who wish to “pay through cash” mode must take the print out of the system generated Pay-in-Slip during the part II registration. The fee must be submitted the very next day at the counter of the nearest branch of SBI. It is crucial to know that once the fee is submitted, it will not be refunded.
2. Selection of Exam Centre – Candidates must choose a preferred set of 3 exam centres (at most). The exam centre will be allotted on the basis of “first-apply-first-allot basis”.
3. Uploading of the picture and signature- Candidates must upload the scanned copies of their picture and signature within the specified format. The file should not exceed 300 kb and must not be less than 20 kb.
Before the submission of the application form, candidates must agree to the declaration and then proceed to submit the completed application form. Take a few printouts of the completed application form for future reference.