New Delhi, 24 November 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the timetable for the civil services (mains) examination 2021. The mains exam will begin on January 7 and aspirants can check the exam schedule by visiting the commission’s official website.
Along with that, the commission has also released the detailed application form I (DAF-I) for the exam. Candidates can use the DAF-I to provide their personal details and change the city of their examination centre, if required. Aspirants have to fill up the DAF-I on or before December 1. This is the last date to fill the form and late entries will not be entertained by the commission.
Note: To view the entire time table for UPSC Civil Services (Mains) examination, click here.
Table of Contents
UPSC Mains Exam Time Table – Major Points
- The mains exam will begin on January 7 and conclude on January 16, 2021.
- There are a total of nine papers that will be conducted during the examination.
- Civil services (mains) will have two shifts – morning and afternoon.
- The morning shift will begin at 9 AM and end at 12 PM.
- The afternoon shift will start at 2 PM and conclude at 5 PM.
How to Fill UPSC Mains Detailed Application Form I (DAF-I)?
- Register at UPSC by visiting the official website and clicking on the registration link provided below the “login” button.
- On the next window, provide your name, roll number, date of birth, and e-mail address.
- Click ‘submit’ and receive login credentials at your email address.
- Using these credentials, log in again at http://www.upsc.gov.in (click on the “Login” tab on the top).
- The detailed application form I (DAF-I) will appear on your screen.
- Fill up all personal details.
- Choose your choice of exam centre in the form (this choice will be considered final and aspirants won’t be able to change their exam centre from this point forward).
- Submit the form and pay the required examination fee to conclude the process.