New Delhi, 24 December 2021 – The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the official notification of the SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) 2021-22 examination. Candidates who are interested in appearing for the exam, can apply online at SSC’s official website.
SSC conducts the CGL exam to recruit candidates for grade B and C category posts in various Government ministries, departments, and offices. As the exam is conducted in four stages called ‘Tiers’, candidates must clear each stage of the exam to proceed to the next one. Once aspirants clear all four stages, they are finally selected for a position.
Note: The first two tiers (or stages) of the CGL exam are conducted online, while the latter two are strictly offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication for the SSC CGL exam happens online through the official website, i.e., http://ssc.nic.in.
Table of Contents
What does the SSC CGL 2021-22 Official Notification Contain?
The official notification contains the different dates for the 2021-22 exam, including the dates for submission of applications, correction of details, and the schedule of Tier-1 and Tier-2 exams. Along with that, it also conveys information regarding the various posts available and the eligibility criteria.
Here are the major dates for the SSC CGL 2021-22 exam:
- Dates for submission of online applications – 23 Dec 2021 to 23 Jan 2022
- Last date and time for receipt of online applications – 23 Jan 2022
- Last date and time for making online fee payment – 25 Jan 2022
- Last date and time for generation of offline challan – 26 Jan 2022
- Last date for payment through challan (during working hours of Indian banks) – 27 Jan 2022
- Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ including online payment – 28 Jan to 1 Feb 2022
- Schedule of computer-based examination (Tier-I) – April 2022
- Dates of Tier-II examination (CBE) & descriptive paper (Tier-III) – To be notified later
How to Apply for the SSC CGL 2021-22 Exam?
To apply for the SSC CGL exam, you need to visit the official website – ssc.nic.in.
Once there, follow the steps given below to complete your application:
- Click on the “New User? Register Now” button on the homepage.
- On the page that appears, fill in your basic details and click ‘Save’.
- You will be redirected to another webpage where you will be asked to fill in your additional details including your contact info.
- Fill in all of these details and tap the ‘Save’ button.
- Find a checkbox to confirm all your details are correct, then tap on ‘Final Submit’.
- Your registration is now complete.
- Visit the SSC website again and login with your registration number & password.
- After logging in, fill in your credentials and upload all the required documents.
- Make the final payment and complete your application.
Note: To view the official SSC notification, click here.