New Delhi, 31 January 2022: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the exam schedule for Indian Forest Service (IFS) main examination. The exam will be held from 27 February to 6 March 2022. UPSC Indian Forest Service 2021 schedule candidates can check and download the examination schedule from the commission’s official website. The commission has stated that the papers will be held in offline mode on different dates.
- Only those candidates who have cleared the preliminary (prelim) exam are eligible to appear for the UPSC IFS main 2021 exam.
- Forenoon session will be conducted between 9 am and 12 noon and afternoon session will be conducted between 2 pm and 5 pm, respectively.
Table of Contents
UPSC IFS 2021: Important Dates
- Beginning of registration: 27 January 2022.
- Exam dates: 27 February – 6 March 2022.
- General English and General Knowledge papers dates: 27 February 2022
- Mathematics Paper I & II and Statistics Paper I & II dates: 1 March 2022
- Papers I and II of Physics and Zoology: 2 March 2022
- Chemistry and Geology exams Paper I & II: 3 March 2022
- Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Paper I and II: 4 March 2022
- Forestry Paper I and Paper II: 5 March 2022
- Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Botany Paper I and II: 6 March 2022
UPSC IFS 2021: Exam Centres
The UPSC IFS 2021 main exam will be conducted at Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Port Blair, and Shimla centers.
Note: In case of any query, candidates can contact the helpline number 011-23385271 issued by the commission. Along with this, they can also contact through email: email@example.com
UPSC IFS 2021: Exam Pattern
The main examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test. The written examination consists of the following papers:
- Paper I – General English: 300 Marks
- Paper II – General Knowledge: 300 Marks
- Papers III, IV, V and VI – Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers, 200 marks for each paper.
- All question papers must be answered in English.
- Question papers will be set in English only.
- Time duration will be three hours for each paper.
List of Optional Subjects
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
What is UPSC IFS 2021 Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for the UPSC IFS 2021 exam is divided into four sections. These sections are as follows:
On the basis of nationality
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen or subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Candidates must be Tibetan refugees who came to India before 01 January 1993.
- Candidates of Indian origin who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India.
On the basis of age limit
- Minimum age: 21 years.
- Maximum age: 32 years.
- Candidates must not be born before 02 August 1988 or after 01 August 1999.
On the basis of educational qualification
- Candidates must hold a degree in any of the following subjects – Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology.
- Candidates holding a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are also eligible.
On the basis of number of attempts
- General candidates are allowed to give 6 attempts to clear the IFS exam.
- Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates are allowed 9 attempts.
- Scheduled caste and Scheduled Tribe (SC and ST) candidates can appear as many times as they want till they go beyond the age criteria.