New Delhi, 1 February 2022 – Inspired by Bihar’s Super-30 programme, the Tamil Nadu school education department has launched a residential training programme for students. The program, called Super 40, will help students crack national-level competitive exams like Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), Common Law Admissions Test (CLAT), Chartered Accountancy (CA) exam, National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET), among others.
Students will be admitted to model schools in Tamil Nadu and given free coaching for these competitive exams. As per an anonymous teacher from one of these model schools, “The selected students are given food, accommodation, books, study material, and uniforms along with a tablet for academic activities. In the morning, students will have regular classes and in the afternoon, teachers will train them in the concepts covered for the day. They also take a 20-minute test every day on the tablet and scores will be shared immediately with the teachers. Students can clarify their doubts immediately.”
Note: These model schools were launched in November and December 2021 by the school education department of Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu’s Super 40 Program – Important Details
- The school education department of Tamil Nadu has selected 40 Class 12 students from Tamil medium and 40 Class 12 students from English medium schools in multiple districts of the state.
- The students are selected based on their performances in exams such as the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) along with various other assessment tests.
- After receiving permission from parents, these students have been enrolled in model schools for residential training in their respective districts.
- In the first phase of the Super 40 program, the school education department has established model schools in 14 districts of Tamil Nadu. These include Chennai, Tiruvallur, Dharmapuri, Trichy, Cuddalore, Kallakurichi, Tiruvannamalai, Salem, Perambalur, Krishnagiri, among others.
- As the program is currently in its first phase, only students from Maths and Biology backgrounds have been selected for coaching. In the next phase, Commerce students will also be selected for the program.
- Students will attend classes from 8.15 am to 5 pm every day including Saturday.
- They will also have extra-curricular activities like sports, music, and art during the weekends.
- Teachers who are – and will be – teaching in these model schools will undergo periodic training from time to time to update them with the latest changes in their respective subjects.
To keep updated with education-related news, please follow Buddy4Study.