New Delhi, 13 July 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced to conduct the Civil Services Prelims Exam 2021 (IAS) on 10th October 2021. Besides this, the Commission has also activated the exam centre change window yesterday evening.
Candidates who wish to update their UPSC IAS 2021 exam centres can do so by visiting the UPSC official website.
Table of Contents
UPSC IAS Exam 2021 – Important Dates
The Committee has also released the UPSC Civil Service exam date 2021 for the prelims in the official UPSC calendar 2021. Earlier, the preliminary IAS exam 2021 was scheduled to be conducted on 27th June 2021. Due to the prevailing conditions caused by COVID-19, the UPSC has deferred the Civil Services (preliminary) examination to 10th October 2021.
|UPSC CSE Events||Important dates|
|UPSC IAS notification 2021||4th March 2021|
|UPSC CSE 2021 prelims exam date||10th October 2021|
UPSC IAS Exam 2021 – Activation of Exam Centre Change Window
According to the UPSC notice, the UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021 exam centre change window will be opened in two phases by the Commission. The first phase link will become active from 12th to 19th July 2021 while the second phase link will be active from 26th to 30th July 2021.
|UPSC CSE 2021 (Preliminary) Examination – Centre Updation Date||Phase 1 – 12th to 19th July 2021 till 6 PM|
|Phase 2 – 26th to 30th July 2021 till 6 PM|
UPSC IAS Exam 2021 – Addition of 4 New Exam Centres
Keeping the request of the majority of candidates for the IAS/ Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam, 2021, which includes the Indian Forest Service Prelims Examination, 2021, UPSC has taken a big step to facilitate aspirants to sit for the exam. The Commission has recently decided to operate four additional Centres for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021. The new exam centres would be at:
- Almora, Uttarakhand
- Nasik, Maharashtra
- Srinagar, Uttarakhand
- Surat, Gujarat
UPSC has now decided to allow the applicants of these two examinations to submit their revised choice of exam centre.
How to Update/Change UPSC IAS Exam Centre 2021?
Candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps to update/ change UPSC Civil Services exam 2021.
1. Visit the UPSC official website – www.upsc.gov.in
2. Click on the ‘Change UPSC IAS 2021 Exam Centre Choice’ tab in the ‘What’s New’ section
3. Click on the Click Here link
4. Read the instructions carefully and press Yes
5. Enter the UPSC civil services registration ID and captcha to log in
6. Enter the new Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021 exam centre choice and press submit
7. An OTP will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number and email ID
8. Enter the OTP in the space provided on the screen and press the submit button
9. Take a printout of the UPSC Civil Services exam centre 2021 acknowledgment slip
- Requests for change in the Centres will be considered based on the principle of ‘first apply-first allot’ basis.
- Request to change UPSC IAS 2021 prelims exam centre will be accepted only after the confirmation by validating the OTP details sent on the candidate’s mobile and email.
- In case the OTP is not received within 15 minutes, a resend option is also available for the applicants.
- Once a particular center’s capacity is attained, the same will be frozen and will not be visible to the candidate.