New Delhi, 13 July 2021 – Putting an end to all anticipations regarding NEET-UG 2021, National Testing Agency (NTA) has begun the registration process today at 6 PM onwards. On Monday evening, the new Union Education Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan, announced that the NEET UG 2021 will be conducted on 12th September 2021.
The NEET (UG) 2021 will be held on 12th September 2021 across the country following COVID-19 protocols. The application process will begin from 5 pm tomorrow through the NTA website(s).
— Dharmendra Pradhan (@dpradhanbjp) July 12, 2021
Earlier, the NEET 2021 entrance exam 2021 was scheduled to be held on 1st August 2021. With the release of the official NEET-UG exam date, the exam authority is currently busy making the application process proceed smoothly. As the NEET-UG 2021 application portal has opened now, aspiring candidates can visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) at www.nta.nic.in or that of NEET-UG 2021 at www.ntaneet.nic.in to apply for this national medical entrance examination.
Table of Contents
NTA NEET-UG 2021 – Important Pointers
- The paper will be conducted in pen and paper mode in the OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) format.
- There will be 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQ’s) – 45 questions from Physics, 45 questions from Chemistry, and 90 questions from Biology subject
- 4 marks shall be awarded for every correct answer while one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
- The NEET paper will be of a total of 720 marks.
- The number of cities where the examination will be conducted has been increased from 155 to 198.
- The number of examination centres will also be increased from the 3862 centres used in 2020.
NEET-UG Application Form 2021 – Documents Required
To apply for the NEET-UG exam 2021, candidates need to keep the below-mentioned documents ready:
|Documents||Specifications||Size and Format||Specification for tool|
|Photograph||Size – 10 Kb to 200 Kb|
Format – JPG
|2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Postcard size picture||4”x6” |
(Size – 50 kb – 300 kb)
|4.25 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Signature||Size – 4 Kb to 30 Kb|
Format – JPG
|2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Left-hand thumb impression||Size: 10 kb to 50 kb||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Class 10 passing certificate||Size- 100 KB to 400 KB||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
NEET-UG 2021 – Things to Ensure Before Filling in the Application Form
- All the documents to be uploaded for the NEET-UG application process 2021 must be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Apart from image format, no other format like PDF document will not be accepted.
- The files must not be encrypted or be password protected. This would prevent the candidate from uploading the required files.
- The background of the photograph should be mandatorily white.
- Other than religious reasons, headgear is not allowed.
- Candidates must ensure that they have enough copies of the photographs.
- They should carry the same photograph (uploaded) to the examination centre on the date of the exam.
- Besides the documents that students need to upload, they would also need access to their Class 12 result certificate (if announced), Aadhaar Card (for providing the last 4 digits).
- Candidates must have credit/ debit card/net banking details for paying the online application fees.
How to Apply for NEET-UG 2021 Exam?
Candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps to register for NEET 2021 exam.
- Visit the official website of NTA
- Click on the ‘Fill Registration Form’ tab
- Click on ‘New Registration’
- Read the instructions carefully and proceed with the registration process
- Check the ‘I have read and understood all the instructions mentioned above and in the Information Bulletin’ box
- Click on ‘Click Here to Proceed’
- Fill in all the asked details
- Complete the application form after logging in with the system generated Application Number and created Password
- Upload the scanned photograph, postcard size picture, scanned signature and left-hand thumb impression, and class 10 passing certificate
- Pay the application fee and submit the application
- Download and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Read More : NEET UG 2021 To Be Held On 12 Sept
NEET-UG Application Fee
The candidates who wish to apply for the NEET-UG exam 2021, must pay the following application fee:
|General/OBC Candidates||Rs. 1,500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs 1400/-|
|SC/ST/PH Candidates||Rs. 800/-|
*Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
For further details and for filling the online application, NEET UG 2021 aspirants are advised to keep an eye on the NTA and NEET UG websites.