New Delhi, 16 November 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) main exam is scheduled to be held from 7 to 16 January, 2022. The detailed application form (DAF) for the same is expected to be released soon by UPSC on its official website.
Candidates who are eligible for the civil services main examination have to apply online and submit the detailed application form-I (DAF-I). Along with the form, candidates also need to attach scanned documents and certificates that verify their date of birth, category, and educational qualification.
Students belonging to other backward classes (OBC) and economically weaker sections (EWS) do not have to submit their OBC and EWS annexures with the form. These will be required in another DAF (DAF-II) that UPSC will release before the commencement of the interview. DAF-II will also require candidates to indicate their order of preference (IAS, IFS, IPS, IRS, and so on).
How to fill UPSC 2021 Main Exam Detailed Application Form (DAF)?
To fill up the DAF for UPSC 2021 main examination, please follow the steps given below:
- Candidates who have been declared qualified in the preliminary examination have to register before filling up the online detailed application form (DAF).
- To register, head over to the official website and click the registration link provided below the “login” button.
- On the registration module, provide your name, roll number (in six-digit format), date of birth (as recorded in official documents), and e-mail address.
- Click the submit button and wait for a verification pop-up on the screen, clearly mentioning that you have successfully registered.
- A password will be sent to your email address.
- After receiving the password, visit the website (http://www.upsc.gov.in) again and click on the “login” tab.
- Enter your roll number along with the password and the application form will appear on your screen.
- The form will have six modules to be filled, namely ‘Personal’, ‘Educational Information’, ‘Parental Information’, ‘Employment Information’, ‘Upload Documents’, and ‘Final Submission’.
- Fill up all the modules completely.
- Before submitting the form using the ‘Final Submission’ module, review each detail and upload scanned copies of documents like proof of age, educational qualification, community certificate, among others.
- Submit the form using the ‘Final Submission’ module and pay the required examination fee to conclude the process.
Note: Some of the fields will be pre-populated with the information you have provided while filling the application form for the preliminary examination. These fields cannot be edited. However, if you note any error in these fields, contact UPSC and use official documents in support of your claim. The commission will then edit the fields on your behalf.