UPCET Exam Date Announced: UPCET 2021 will be held on 18 May 2021. The last date to submit UPCET online admission forms is 30th April 2021.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) released the official UPCET application form on 26th March 2021. The online registration window for the upcoming exam is open now and will close on 30th April 2021. Candidates shortlisted from this exam can apply for admission to the first-year undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and lateral entry to second year UG programmes to professional courses at government, government-aided institutions, and private-unaided institutions affiliated to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT) and other state universities based in Uttar Pradesh via the exam.
Note – From this year on, the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It has been renamed as Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test (UPCET). This year, UPCET exam will be conducted on 18 May 2021. Furthermore, from this year, no entrance examination will be conducted by AKTU.
Table of Contents
- UPCET Application 2021 – Registration Highlights
- UPCET Application Form 2021 – Important Dates
- UPCET Application Form – Eligibility Criteria
- Documents/Details Required for UPCET Application 2021
- UPCET Application Form – Form Filling and Submission
- UPCET Application Form – FAQs
- Q. When were the application forms for UPCET 2021 released?
- Q. When is the last date to submit the UPCET 2021 application form?
- Q. Can we fill in the UPCET forms in offline mode?
- Q. What is the application fee for UPCET 2021?
- Q. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the UPCET exam?
UPCET Application 2021 – Registration Highlights
Candidates who wish to register themselves and apply for UPCET 2021 exam should go through the registration highlights carefully before filling the form. Here are a few key points that they should keep in mind:
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test (UPCET) 2021 (Formerly known as UPSEE)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Application fee payment mode||Online|
UPCET Application Form 2021 – Important Dates
Candidates who want to apply for the UPCET exam are advised to submit their UPCET pplication form 2021 by 25th April 2021. They will find the complete schedule and the crucial dates associated with UPCET application/registration process 2021 in the table below.
UPCET Application Form 2021 – Important Dates
|UPCET Events||UPCET Dates|
|Application process begins||26th March 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||30th April 2021|
|Availability of correction window||To be Announced|
|Availability of admit card||To be Announced|
|UPCET 2021 exam||18th May 2021|
|Release of answer key||To be Announced|
|Objection window availability for answer key||To be Announced|
|Declaration of result||To be Announced|
UPCET Application Form – Eligibility Criteria
Before filling in the application forms the candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria defined by the conducting body. In case any candidate is found ineligible, the university holds all the rights to cancel the candidature of the candidates at any given point of time.
The candidates will be required to satisfy the eligibility criteria for both entrance process and admission process. All the participating institutes will be having their certain eligibility guidelines, which are to be fulfilled during the time of admission. Below we have given the UPCET 2021 eligibility criteria for the aspirants who wish to apply for the UPCET exam.
As per the UPCET Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Age Limit – The exam conducting authorities have not set any age limit for candidates to appear for UPCET 2021
- Nationality – As per UPCET eligibility criteria, a candidate should either be Indian nationals, NRIs, FNs and PIOs are eligible to apply.
- The candidates applying must have qualified their class 10, class 12, bachelor’s degree (for post graduate courses), and diploma degree (for lateral entry aspirants) from any recognized board or institute.
- Candidates must have a valid JEE Main score and also a minimum of 45% – 50% aggregate marks in 12th standard to secure admission in UG courses through UPCET 2021
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree with a minimum of 45% – 50% aggregate marks to secure admission in PG courses
- Candidates must have qualified with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Technical Vocational studies, and Engineering Drawing subjects with minimum required aggregate.
- Also, the candidates must have qualified the above mentioned exams individually as well with the minimum aggregate marks required, and not with grace marks.
Documents/Details Required for UPCET Application 2021
Aspiring candidates will have to keep handy the followings documents before filling the UPCET 2021 registration form:
- A valid email ID
- An active mobile number
- Scanned image of photograph
- Scanned image of signature
- Qualifying exam mark sheets
- Debit card / credit card / net banking / UPI or Paytm details
UPCET Application Form – Form Filling and Submission
Candidates can fill up the application form by visiting the UPCET official website (http://upcet.nta.nic.in/). Candidates must follow the instructions carefully to fill up the UPCET application accurately. They must note that once the UPCET application form is submitted, correction will only be allowed in for a few particular details.
Here is the stepwise process to fill up the UPCET exam application form 2021 accurately.
Step-by-Step Process to Fill and Submit JEE Main Application Form 2021
Step 1 – Registration
- Visit the official UPCET website (http://upcet.nta.nic.in/)
- Click on the UPCET Registration Form link present on the homepage
- When the page is redirected to the registration page, click on New Registration
- A new page will open containing important instructions and procedure for online submission of UPCET application form
- Read the instructions carefully and proceed to register
- Fill in all the asked details and complete UPCET registration 2021
- After filling the details, click Submit
Step 2 – Fill the Application Form
To fill the registration form, candidates need to enter various details like username, email address, mobile number, and CAPTCHA code to create a login ID and generate a password. They should preview their filled-in details to make sure that the information is correct before proceeding further.
|Name||Father’s name||Mother’s name||Date of birth|
|Nationality||Gender||Parent’s domicile||Aadhaar number|
|Address||Mobile phone number||Email id|
Qualifying Exam Details
|Name of the qualifying exam||Subjects in the qualifying exam||Year of passing||State from where the qualifying exam has been cleared|
Course(s) for which candidates are applying.
JEE Main details: Candidates will have to fill their JEE Main details such as score, rank and more.
Password: After all the details are filled, candidates need to choose a password, which they need to remember till the admission process is over.
After the selections are made, candidates require to review the UPCET application form and click on the Final Submit tab.
Note – Once the UPCET form 2021 is finally submitted, candidates will not be able to make any changes in the information. After the final submission of the form, an application number will be generated that candidates need to note for future reference.
Step 3 – Upload Scanned Documents
- Log in to the application site using the application number and password, sent on your email.
- Upload the scanned documents:
- Image of passport size photograph
- Image of Signature
|Photograph||4 KB to 100KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm||JPEG||Must be recent passport size, colour photograph
The name and date of the photograph must be mentioned beneath the photo
|Signature||1KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm||JPEG||It has to be on white paper with a Black Ink pen|
Note: Do not upload unclear or blur photographs or leave any mandatory field in the application form blank. Error-prone or incomplete application forms will be rejected.
Step 4 – Pay Application Fees
- Once Step 3 is complete, you will be directed to the fee payment page
- Choose the payment mode. Pay the UPCET application fee through any one of the available payment modes:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking
- UPI or Wallet
Note – Keep the application number or registration number safe for future use
UPCET Application 2021 – Guidelines for Uploading Photograph and Signature
- The photograph should not be taken wearing sunglasses or a cap
- Polaroid and Computer-generated photographs are not acceptable
- Photos of candidates wearing spectacles are allowed only if they use them regularly
- Unclear photographs are liable to be rejected
- Forehead, eyes, nose, and chin should be visible and the print should be of clear contrast
- The photo should not have ‘red eye’
- Self-composed portraits or photos taken using mobile may result in rejection of the application
- Main features of the face should not be covered by cloth, hair, or shadow
- For scanned signature, the scanner resolution should be a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- The colour set should be Colour to True Colour
- Candidate has to sign on white paper with a black ink pen
- If the candidate’s signature on the answer script does not match the signature on the admit card, the candidate will be considered rejected.
UPCET Application 2021 – Fee Structure
Candidates need to pay the registration/application fee to appear for UPCET 2021. Before making the payment, candidates should carefully read all the eligibility criteria. Candidates must note that the application fee amount will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Before filling up the form, the candidate is advised to make a duplicate copy and fill it up first. Any mistakes or fields left out accidentally may lead to the rejection of the application form.
The fee structure for UPCET as per candidate categories is as follows:
UPCET Application Fee Structure
|Male/ Transgender Candidates of General/ OBC category||Rs 1300|
|SC/ ST/ Female/ PH Candidates of all categories||Rs 650|
Documents to Keep After Submitting UPCET 2021 Application Form
Post UPCET registration process, candidates need to preserve the list of documents highlighted below:
- Copy of confirmation page
- Original and photocopy of Aadhaar card
- Passport size photographs uploaded on the application form
UPCET Application – Form Correction Window
The UPCET form correction facility is a one-time provision for candidates to make changes in the details of the application form. In case candidate/s have made any minor mistake or wish to edit any submitted detail after the final submission of an online UPCET registration form, they can modify it by following the below process:
What if a candidate loses his/her log in credentials?
In case a candidate forgets or loses his/her login credentials, he/she will be required to follow the steps mentioned below –
- Go to the online portal for application form correction window.
- Click on the ‘forgot application number or password’ option.
- Fill in the registered email id, mobile number, and name.
- Click on the ‘submit’ button. The university will send the log in details via mail to the candidates.
UPCET Application Form – FAQs
Q. When were the application forms for UPCET 2021 released?
The UPCET application forms were made available in online mode on the official website of the university from 26th March 2021.
Q. When is the last date to submit the UPCET 2021 application form?
The last date to fill in and submit the UPCET 2021 application formis 25th April 2021.
Q. Can we fill in the UPCET forms in offline mode?
No. The UPCET application forms are available in online mode only. Aspirants will be required to visit the official website of NTA UPCET to access the application forms.
Q. What is the application fee for UPCET 2021?
The application fee for UPCET 2021 is Rs. 1300 for Male/ Transgender Candidates of General/ OBC category candidates and Rs. 650 for SC/ ST/ Female/ PH candidates.
Q. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the UPCET exam?
The candidates applying for UPCET must have qualified their class 10, class 12, bachelor’s degree, or diploma degree from any recognized board or institute.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on UPCET Application Form 2021.