New Delhi, 09 June 2021 – The Uttar Pradesh Government has issued guidelines for annual and semester examinations for the academic year 2020-21 in state and private universities. Taking into consideration the effects of the pandemic on higher education, the UP Govt. has decided that only final year exams will be held for undergraduate students.
Deputy Chief Minister Dinesh Sharma, who also holds the higher education portfolio, further clarified the following points:
- In the universities and higher education institutions where the first-year exams have not been held till now, the students will be directly promoted to second year without any exams.
- The first-year marks of these students will be decided based on their performances in the second-year exams in 2022.
- At the same time, the result of second-year UG students, who have appeared for the first-year examinations in 2020, will be evaluated based on their scores in the first year. Based on this evaluation, such second-year students shall be promoted to the third year.
- Examinations for the third-year undergraduate students will be held. (Further clarification has not been provided)
- Exam guidelines for postgraduate and semester courses in UP’s higher education institutions have also been released by the state government.
- Practical tests will not be held, and marks will be decided on the basis of written/theory examinations. Online viva voce examinations shall be held, if required.
- If a student is not satisfied with the marks provided as per the evaluation criteria, he/she will be given an opportunity to seek improvement in his/her marks.
UP University Exams 2021 – Result Date & New Academic Year Schedule
The Deputy CM also stated that the examination system will be simplified at the university level and the results shall be declared by 31 August 2021. The academic session 2021-22 in Uttar Pradesh’s higher education institutions will begin from 13 September 2021.