New Delhi, 9 June 2021 – The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra released the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT) CET registration form 2021 yesterday evening (8th June 2021). Candidates who wish to appear for the MHT-CET 2021 entrance examination must visit the official online portal of MHT CET – www.mhtcet2021.mahacet.org to fill in the registration form.
Higher and Technical Education Minister Uday Samant announced this news via his Twitter handle, stating, “The registration of online MHT-CET 2021 applications for the first year Engineering /Technology, Pharmacology and Agricultural Education for the academic year 2021-22 will begin from today 08.06.2021 and continue till 07.07.2021.”
Samant also tweeted that for other undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, details of the MHT CET exam will be announced separately.
Note: According to official information, the MHT CET 2021 registration process was scheduled to begin at 8:30 PM. But due to heavy traffic, the official website crashed and the portal opened later than the scheduled time.
Table of Contents
MHT CET 2021 – Important Dates
|Release of application form||8th June 2021|
|Final date to submit the application form||7th July 2021|
|Last application form window (with a late fee of Rs. 500)||8th July to 15th July 2021|
|Availability of mock test||To be Announced|
|Release of MHT CET 2021 admit card||To be Announced|
|MHT CET 2021 exam date||To be Announced*|
|Announcement of result||To be Announced|
|MHT CET Counselling||To be Announced|
*On Saturday, 5th June 2021, while addressing a press conference, Maharashtra Higher and Technical Education Minister Uday Samant stated that the MHT CET exam 2021 is likely to be held online by July end or August. However, the exact dates have not been announced yet.
MHT CET 2021 Information Bulletin
Along with the registration forms, Maharashtra CET Cell has released the official information bulletin for the year 2021-22. This information brochure comprises exam related details such as:
- Scheme of examination
- Eligibility for admission
- Online application form
- MHT-CET 2021 application fee payment
- Online (CBT-COMPUTER BASED TEST) MHT-CET 2021
- Normalization and percentile method
- Writer/ scribe to the ‘Person with Disability candidates (PwD)
MHT CET 2021 – Latest Updates
- The MHT CET exam 2021 will be based on the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education syllabus, just like the previous year. The exam pattern will also stay the same.
- The MHT CET exam will be held for three papers – Paper 1 (Mathematics), Paper 2 (Physics, Chemistry), and Paper 3 (Biology).
- Each paper will have multiple-choice questions (MCQ) comprising 100 marks.
- 20% weightage in the MHT CET question paper will be given to the Class 11 syllabus while the Class 12 syllabus of the Maharashtra board will have the remaining 80% weightage.
How to apply for MHT CET 2021?
Candidates must follow the below steps to fill the MHT CET 2021 registration form:
- Visit the official website – https://mhtcet2021.mahacet.org/
- Click on ‘New Registration’
- Read the Pre-Requisite for MHT-CET 2021 carefully and click the ‘I Accept and Proceed’ tab
- Fill in the details like personal information, permanent address, address for correspondence, choose a password, etc.
- After filling in the details, click on ‘Save and Proceed’
- A password will be generated, which the candidates have to save for future use
- When the next page opens, upload the scanned documents in the exam authority’s prescribed format
- Pay the application fee
- Print the confirmation page of the MHT CET application form 2021 for future reference
MHT CET Application Fees 2021
Candidates need to pay MHT CET registration/application fees, as mentioned below –
|Unreserved Category Students |
(General Category candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra, and J&K Migrant)
|Reserved Category Students |
(SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra)
|Payment Source||Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro)|
IMPS (Immediate Payment Service)
Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
Documents Required for MHT CET 2021 Application Form
The 3 necessary documents (soft copies) that candidates are required to upload while applying for the MHT CET exam 2021 are:
- Signature – 5KB to 20KB in jpg format. Should be on white paper in black ink. The name of the file should be ‘sign.jpg’
- Photograph – 15KB to 50KB in jpg format. The name of the file should be ‘photo.jpg’
- Identity proof – 15KB to 256KB in PDF format
Candidates are advised to use their active e-mail ID and mobile number for the MHT CET 2021 registration and keep their numbers active till the completion of CET and Centralized Admission 2021. For more information, candidates are requested to visit the official website of MHT CET 2021.