New Delhi, 12 August 2022, UP Board: The Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) has made Aadhaar card mandatory for the registrations of Classes 9 to 12. Now, the students who wish to register will not be able to complete their applications if they do not have a valid Aadhaar card.
Note: Until 2021, the Aadhaar details were asked at the time of registration but were not a mandatory requirement.
Table of Contents
- UP Board Makes Aadhaar Mandatory – Other Announcements
- UP Board Academic Calendar 2022-23 – Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UP Board Makes Aadhaar Mandatory – Other Announcements
- The UP board has decided to conduct the board exams in a new format from this academic year. The final exams will be held in March 2023.
- Before the final exams, schools have been directed to hold pre-boards in January and half-yearly exams based on the syllabus taught till September 2022.
- As per the students’ performance in pre-board exams, UP board schools will be offering extra classes to the students with poor scores to ensure better results in the board exams.
- The question papers for the board exams of Classes 10 and 12 will be divided into two parts – multiple choice questions (MCQs) and subjective questions.
- In line with the New Education Policy (NEP) 2020, the UP board schools have also been directed to appoint career counsellors to help the students academically and help them sustain better mental and emotional wellbeing.
- For Class 12 students, the month of December will be dedicated to career counselling.
- The UPMSP also directed schools to adopt a digital education system and create their websites and IDs.
- Students will also be provided with free e-books and online study materials by the schools.
- Furthermore, a common curriculum will be adopted along with the incorporation of practices like one lecture per week in the library as mandatory for kids, two lectures a week dedicated to experiential learning, as well as the creation of environmental clubs.
- The UPMSP has directed UP board schools to create health cards for kids and ensure that students get enough time for physical activities.
UP Board Academic Calendar 2022-23 – Details
- UP Board exams 2023 will be conducted in March 2023.
- The pre-board practical exams for Classes 10 and 12 will be conducted in the third week of January 2023.
- The pre-board written exam for students of Classes 10 and 12 and the final exam for Classes 9 and 11 will be held between February 1 and 15, 2023.
- Class 10 exam results and Class 12 pre-board & final exams results will be available between February 16 and February 28, 2022.
- The half-yearly practical exam will be conducted by the last week of September 2022 and a half-yearly exam will be conducted in the second week of October 2022.
- The half-yearly exam results will be uploaded on the school websites by November first week.
- The practical exams will be conducted from February 16 to 28, 2023 across the state.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will the UP board 2022 monthly examinations be held?
The UP board 2022 examination will be held in the last week of August 2022.
When will the UP board practical exams (half-yearly exams) be held?
The UP board practical exams (half-yearly exams) will be held in the last week of September 2022.