JoSAA 2022: The Joint Seat Allocation Authority has launched the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2022 website. Along with this, it is anticipated that the JoSAA counselling schedule 2022 will be made available soon on the official website: josaa.nic.in.
There will be 114 institutions partaking in the counselling during the 2022–23 academic year. These include 33 Government-Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs), 26 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), 31 National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
All Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main and JEE Advanced-qualified students are eligible to register for JoSAA counselling. The registration process will start on September 12, 2022. The complete schedule is yet to be announced.
JoSAA counselling will be conducted after the JEE Main 2022 and JEE Advanced 2022 exams are completed. The purpose of the counselling is to ensure a smooth admission process for admission to IIT, IIIT, NIT, and other institutions.
The article will further discuss the JoSAA application process and general information about the process in detail. Students are advised to go through the entire article so as to not miss out on anything important about JoSAA 2022.
JoSAA 2022 – Overview
|Name of the Counselling||Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) counselling|
|Session||2022 – 2023|
|No. of Participating Institutions||114|
|JoSAA Registration Start Date||September 12, 2022|
|Purpose||To make the JEE admission process smoother|
JoSAA 2022 – About JoSAA Counselling 2022
- JoSAA 2022 is governed by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD).
- Its function is to oversee and control joint seat allocation for admissions to more than 100 institutions, including IITs, NITs, IIITs, and other government-funded technical institutes (GFTIs).
- The Joint Seat Allocation Process acts as a single platform for admissions to these institutions and was introduced to speed up the admissions process and make it more effective, transparent, and efficient.
How to Apply for JoSAA 2022?
Only those candidates who are qualified for the JEE Main and JEE Advanced are eligible to register for JoSAA 2022.
Here’s how candidates can apply for it:
- Candidates must first visit the official website of JoSAA 2022 — josaa.nic.in.
- Then, they must click on the “Registration” link from the homepage.
- Then, candidates must fill in the application form.
- Then, they must click on the “Submit” option.
- Candidates must then save the login details for future reference.
JoSAA 2022 – Result and Other Details
- After registration, JoSAA will announce the seat allotment results on its official website — josaa.nic.in.
- Applicants will be allotted seats based on their JEE Main and JEE Advanced scores, their preferences, seat availability, and their categories.
- After the seats are allotted to the applicants, they will have to download their letter of seat allotment and then pay the seat acceptance fee.
- Once the seat acceptance fee is paid, candidates will have to verify their documents at their respective reporting centres.
What is JoSAA?
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is governed by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). Its function is to oversee and control joint seat allocation for admissions to more than 100 institutions, including IITs, NITs, IIITs, and other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs). It acts as a single platform for admission in these institutions and was introduced to speed up the admissions process and make it more effective, transparent, and efficient.
What is the JoSAA 2022 registration starting date?
The registration process for JoSAA 2022 will start on September 12, 2022. The complete schedule is yet to be announced.