New Delhi, 12 May 2022: The Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) has released the UP Board academic calendar for 2022-23 which contains the dates of exams, pre-boards, and commencement of teaching in various classes, among others. The candidates can check the academic calendar on the official site of UPMSP.
UP Board Academic Calendar 2022-23 – Details
- UP Board Exams 2023 will be conducted in March 2023.
- The pre-board practical exams for Classes 10 and 12 will be conducted in the third week of January 2023.
- The pre-board written exam for students of Classes 10 and 12 and the final exam for Classes 9 and 11 will be held between February 1 and 15.
- Class 10, 12 pre-board and final exams results will be available between February 16 to February 28, 2022.
- The half-yearly practical exam will be conducted by the last week of September 2022 and a half-yearly exam will be conducted in the second week of October 2022.
- The half-yearly exam results will be uploaded on the school websites by November first week.
- The practical exams will be conducted from February 16 to 28, 2023 across the state.
UP Board Academic Calendar 2022-23 – Change in Pattern
- Around 30 percent of the questions in Class 10 will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) based.
- The examination question paper will be divided into two different parts: Section A and B.
- Section A will consist of MCQ-based questions, and Section B will have subjective-type questions.
- As per the new pattern, Class 9 and 10 students need to appear in five monthly tests.
- For Class 9 and 10, the monthly examinations will be held throughout the academic year as a part of the continuous assessment of students.
- Three of the monthly exams will be based on the multiple-choice question (MCQ) pattern and two will be descriptive-type exams.
- The written examination of Classes 9 and 10 will have two sections in the question paper.
- In the first section, 33% of the questions will be multiple choice and in the second section, 66% of the questions will be descriptive.
- The first section will consist of multiple-choice questions of 30% marks in the aggregate, which have to be answered on the OMR sheet.
- The second section will consist of descriptive questions carrying 70% marks in the aggregate, which have to be answered on the answer sheet.
Note: The MCQ pattern is likely to be introduced in the Class 12 exam in 2025.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When has the UP board 2022-23 academic year begun?
The UP board 2022-23 academic year began on 1 April 2022.
When will the UP board 2022 monthly examinations begin?
The UP board 2022 examination will begin in the last week of August 2022.
When will the UP board 2022 MCQ-based exams begin?
The UP board 2022 MCQ-based exams will begin in the last week of July 2022.
When will the UP board practical exams (half-yearly exams) begin?
The UP board practical exams (half-yearly exams) will begin in the last week of September 2022.