National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the UGC NET Answer Key 2021 for both Paper 1 and 2 after the exams are successfully conducted. The UGC NET 2021 exams will begin from 2nd May 2021 and end on 17th May 2021. The exam authority has announced that along with the UGC NET answer key, they will also release the question papers, response sheets and objection tracker.
UGC NET question papers and answer keys vary for both the shifts. Candidates who have taken the exam can calculate their scores based on the answers provided in the answer key.
The answer key is released online and consists of the correct answers to every question asked in the UGC NET question paper. Candidates dissatisfied with one or more solutions can challenge the answer key. However, the submission of objection/s has to be done in a specified format and within the dates specified by NTA authority. The authority releases the final answer key after thoroughly considering the objections raised on the provisional answer key with the submitted proof.
Candidates seeking information about UGC NET answer key 2021 can find in-depth details in this article.
- The last date to pay UGC NET application fee 2021 has been extended till 10th March 2021
- NTA has extended the last date for UGC NET 2021 application process till 9th March 2021
- UGC NTA NET exams will be conducted on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th & 17th of May 2021.
Table of Contents
- UGC NET Answer Key 2021 – Key Dates
- UGC NET Answer Key – Process of Downloading
- How to Raise Objections or Challenge the UGC NET Answer Key?
- UGC NET Result 2021
- UGC NET – Key Highlights
- UGC NET Marking Scheme
- UGC NET Answer Key – FAQs
- What is the release date of the UGC NET answer key 2021?
- Where can I check the UGC NET answer key?
- Do I get to see my responses to the questions asked in UGC NET?
- Do I need to pay to submit objections against the UGC NET answer key?
- Is there negative marking in the UGC NET exam?
- What is the medium to raise an objection against UGC NET answer key?
- Is the fee paid for challenging the answer key refundable?
UGC NET Answer Key 2021 – Key Dates
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has not announced the release date of the answer key yet. However, the authority will publish the official date once all the UGC NET exams are conducted.
|UGC NET Exam Dates||2nd May 2021
3rd May 2021
4th May 2021
5th May 2021
6th May 2021
7th May 2021
10th May 2021
11th May 2021
12th May 2021
14th May 2021
17th May 2021
|Release date of provisional UGC NET answer key 2021||To be Announced|
|Last date to file objections on the answer key||To be Announced|
|Release of final UGC NET answer key||To be Announced|
|Declaration of UGC NET Result 2021||To be Announced|
UGC NET Answer Key – Process of Downloading
Once the NTA authority releases the answer key for UGC NET 2021, candidates can check and download it through online mode. Candidates need to follow these basic steps to download the answer key in PDF format.
2. Click on the answer key link available for UGC NET exam.
3. Enter the asked details:
- Application number
- Password/date of birth
- Security pin, as shown on the screen
4. Click on the Sign In button.
5. Check answer key, response sheet and question paper.
6. Download the answer key (available in PDF format) and print at least 2 copies for future use
Details Mentioned on UGC NET Answer Key 2021
UGC NET answer key contains correct answers for all the questions asked in UGC NET Paper 1 and 2 exams. However, there are also a few other details present in the answer key sheet that candidates must check, and report immediately if they find any errors.
The details mentioned in the answer key are:
- Name of the exam
- Date and time of the exam
- Shift of the exam
- Subject ID and name
- Question ID
- Correction option ID
How to Calculate Score Using UGC NET Answer Key?
As the UGC NET exam is divided into two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2, candidates need to calculate their scores out of 300 marks. During the calculation of scores, candidates only need to add the scores for correct answers (+2 marks). They can follow the below steps to calculate their probable scores:
- Open both the answer key and the response sheet
- Compare the answers recorded in the response sheet with the right answer mentioned in the answer key
- For every right answer, assign two marks (according to official marking scheme)
- Count the number of correct and incorrect answers separately
- Finally, apply the below formula to arrive at a probable score
Correct marks X 1 − Incorrect Marks X 0 = UGC NET Score
Note: Response sheet can be downloaded from the official website alongside the admit card (link will be provided once the response sheet is uploaded by NTA)
How to Raise Objections or Challenge the UGC NET Answer Key?
UGC NET Answer key 2021 will be released by NTA after the exam is held. This answer key is provisional.
Candidates can challenge or place their objections against the UGC NET provisional answer key via the official UGC NET website i.e., www.ugcnet.nta.nic. To file challenges/objection(s) against the answer key, they need to pay a processing fee of Rs. 1000/- (for each challenged question) through the online medium.
Fee for raising objections against the UGC NET answer key
|1 Objection/Challenged Question = Rs. 1000/-2 Objections/Challenged Questions = 2 x Rs. 1000 = Rs. 2000/-|
Please note that the authority will only accept the objections in online mode. Besides, no challenge shall be entertained without the receipt of the processing fee.
The candidates must submit proofs (mentioning the authenticity) in support of their claims via registered email ID. They would also have to pay the required amount via credit card or debit card. NTA will cross-check the challenged questions/objections filed by the candidates.
Candidates have to follow the steps mentioned below to raise objections against the UGC NET preliminary answer key –
1. Visit the official UGC NET website
2. Candidates will be redirected to a login page to open the answer key of 2021
3. Click on the link available for the answer key (Link for answer key will be activated after the exam authority publishes it)
4. Click on any one of the links:
- Through application number and date of birth
- Through application number and password
5. Enter application number, password or date of birth and security pin
6. Click on Sign In
7. Click on the Challenge Answer Key link
8. Select the correct answer option ID for its respective question ID for which challenge needs to be made
9. Click on ‘Save Your Claims’ tab
10. Upload all the relevant documentation supporting your claimed answer
11. Click on ‘Save Your Claims & Pay Fee’ button
12. Pay Rs 1,000 per question as processing fee
UGC NET Result 2021
UGC NET result will be released on the official website of NTA and UGC NET. Candidates would be required to enter their application number, password or date of birth to access their result cards. NTA will not send the result cards to candidates to their registered addresses. Buddy4Study advises candidates to keep a copy of the result safe for further use.
UGC NET – Key Highlights
Candidates who have registered and applied for UGC NET exam 2021 can review the necessary information with the key highlights projected in the table below:
UGC NET Key Highlights
|Exam name||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET)|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours or 180 minutes|
|Examination Mode||CBT/ Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Medium of Exam||English or Hindi|
|Type of Questions||Objective/Multiple-Choice (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Types of Paper||Paper 1 – Common question for all candidatesPaper 2 – Subject-specific questions|
|Allotment of Marks||
Total Marks – 150
|Marking Scheme||+2 for Every Correct AnswerNo Negative Marking for Incorrect Answers or Unattempted Answers|
|Age||Assistant Professors – No upper age limitJRF (Junior Research Fellowship) – Not more than 30 years as on 1st June 2020|
|Shift Timings of UGC NET exam 2021||
(No breaks between Paper 1 and Paper 2)
|Mock Test Preparation||https://www.nta.ac.in/Quiz|
|Previous Years’ answer key and question papers||UGC NET 2019 Question PaperUGC NET 2019 answer key|
|UGC NET 2018 Question PaperUGC NET 2018 answer key|
UGC NET Marking Scheme
The UGC NET exam is conducted online. All the questions asked in this exam follow the MCQ (multiple-choice question) pattern. This exam does not follow the negative marking system. Hence, candidates can attempt all the answers without any inhibition.
The UGC NET 2021 question papers will carry a total of 150 marks. Each question will have 4 options. Candidates need to choose the option that they consider highly appropriate for the particularly asked question. To complete both the papers, candidates will be allotted a total of 3 hours. Candidates are required to complete Paper 1 in 1 hour and Paper 2 in 2 hours. There will not be any breaks between the 2 papers.
UGC NET Marks Distribution
|UGC NET Paper||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||50||100||1 Hour|
|Paper 2||100||200||2 hours|
|Total||150 (MCQs)||300||3 Hours|
UGC NET Marking Scheme
|Type of Answers||Marks Allotted|
|Unattempted question||No marks awarded or deducted|
|Wrong Answer||0 (No Negative Marking)|
UGC NET Answer Key – FAQs
What is the release date of the UGC NET answer key 2021?
The release date of UGC NET Answer key 2021 has not been announced yet. NTA will declare it via their official website once the exam is conducted.
Where can I check the UGC NET answer key?
The answer key will be made available by NTA authority on their official website (NTA and UGC NET).
Do I get to see my responses to the questions asked in UGC NET?
Yes. You can know the responses to your answers by downloading the response sheet, which will be made available by the authority after the completion of the UGC NET exam.
Do I need to pay to submit objections against the UGC NET answer key?
Yes. To submit objections against the answer key, candidates need to pay a fee of Rs. 1000 per challenged question along with the proof of objection.
Is there negative marking in the UGC NET exam?
No. There is no negative marking in the exam.
What is the medium to raise an objection against UGC NET answer key?
Candidates can raise objection/s against the answer key online through the official UGC NET website. Upon opening the official website page, click on the objection link to file your objection/s against the doubtful question/s. Kindly check the elaborate process in the article above.
Is the fee paid for challenging the answer key refundable?
Yes. If only the exam authority, NTA, finds the raised objection to be factually correct, they will refund the fee.
In case of any doubts or queries regarding UGC NET Answer Key, feel free to comment below.