New Delhi, 16 November, 2021: On November 15, 2021, the Government of Punjab launched a career portal, known as Punjab Career Guidance Portal, which aims to provide professional guidance to students of schools and colleges across the state. With the help of the portal, around 10 lakh students would now be able to get information on career counselling, courses, and different scholarship sectors from home.
Table of Contents
What are the Main Features of the Punjab Career Guidance Portal?
- The portal would play a significant role in guiding students on various online courses, scholarships, and vocations as part of a series of measures being undertaken by the education department.
- It will help solve the unemployment issue of Punjab, which happens due to the inability to choose the right career path.
- It will help students in forging a career path as per their capability.
- Students will be equipped with information concerning the possibilities in the new trades and career paths that are emerging in the modern times.
How to use the Punjab Career Guidance Portal?
- Candidates can login to their career dashboard by entering their student ID and password (123456).
- After logging in, they can get information on careers, colleges, professional courses, vocational courses, entrance examinations, and scholarships.
- In case the students do not know their student IDs, they can ask their teachers for the same.
Note: The state education department has launched the portal in association with UNICEF India and Aasman Foundation.
About UNICEF and Aasman Foundation
UNICEF India is known for its continued support to reach every child in India. Their goal is to enable every child born in India to have the best start in life, to thrive and to develop to her/his full potential.
AASMAAN Foundation works for the upliftment and betterment of the less-privileged kids. It works for children’s education, health, and rights. By collaborating with these two platforms, the Punjab government has certainly made a substantial contribution to the overall welfare and development of the students.
For more education-related updates, please follow Buddy4Study.